Fall fishing has begun on the Siuslaw

Markk
Markk
You would think they would want retention of any stray hatchery fish that wanders in....

R
rippin fish lips
Markk said:
You would think they would want retention of any stray hatchery fish that wanders in....

Yeah, that just seems soooo odd.

Y
Yogidabear
half the time you feel like your rolling the dice hoping your legal with all the confusion.

jamisonace
jamisonace
I think that is what they want.

Yogidabear said:
half the time you feel like your rolling the dice hoping your legal with all the confusion.

jamisonace
jamisonace
Roger,

I heard recently that the mussel program is only allowed one pair. Is that true?

If so, that's only 50 to 100 returning. Sounds like there are more than that coming into the river judging by recent catches.

rogerdodger said:
Chad- we raise, clip, and plant (in May) a maximum of 10K into Ackerley Creek (inlet to Munsel Lake), those that are not accidentally caught in Munsel Lake find their way to the ocean...(we now have some coming back through the lake and spawning in Ackerley but obviously those would still have an adipose fin) This year, due to some issues with the eggs, we only got about 5K clipped and planted but an improved water system should get us back to the 10K target next year...

Munsel Creek comes in just up from the big RV park east of the Port boat launch, so our STEP coho should take a left turn there, any clipped coho moving up the river past where the N. Fork comes in are likely lost and very possibly could be Umpqua fish.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
jamisonace said:
Roger,

I heard recently that the munsel program is only allowed one pair. Is that true?

If so, that's only 50 to 100 returning. Sounds like there are more than that coming into the river judging by recent catches.

we spawn 4 pairs of returning coho. cheers, roger