Exposed clay at Garbage hole

Irishrover
Irishrover
I was up at the Garbage Hole today. I had not fished it much this year. I have been going to that place for years both to fish and in the summer to swim. Today I noticed that if you go down the short trail and head up river you'll go by some expossed clay that is undercut and droppes off into deep water. The deep water has alway been there but there were bolders and sand and the drop off was further out in the river. I only mention this because it would be easy for someone to step out onto that clay and slip into that deep water. I'm thinking more of someone taking a child up there to fish. It's just the Grandpa coming out in me. I know that with the dam gone more water hits that place. We used to have a rope swing in a tree there and you would have to swing way out to get to the deep water and miss the bolders. Now the tree and the bolders are gone. Oh din't catch anything!;)

O
OnTheFly
Sounds like a tricky spot. I talked to a guy today who called our office for some electrical work. Anyway, we got to talking and he lives right there on Marsh road. He didn't mention the under cut but he did say he's still pulling fish out of the Sandy up and down stream from his back yard. Some of the fish were native summers.

Irishrover
Irishrover
Lucky guy nice spot for a home!

E
eggs
Was it Jim?? He has a damn near perfect back yard

O
OnTheFly
eggs said:
Was it Jim?? He has a damn near perfect back yard

Nope. Scott