Expo on 05/01/11

A
Ariel&Jared12
We wanted to go fishing yesterday so last minute, we decided on the Expo. We decided to try the pond we've never tried before behind the amphitheater. We found a spot and got situated; We had found the PERFECT spot for Bass to hide. Jared dropped his line in the water and no more than 3 seconds later, I hear "FISH ON!". I couldn't believe it. He had literally JUST flipped his bail.

Last edited:
brandon4455
brandon4455
nice :clap:

A
Ariel&Jared12
Thank you!

D
Drew9870
Worm with no weight? :D

A
Ariel&Jared12
H
Hawk
Well Done.
reel pretty.
:D:D:D
:clap::clap:
:cool:

A
Ariel&Jared12
H
Hawk
A&J, do you see any crawdads around anywhere?
:)

M
Melly Bait
Nice fish.. That pond back there gets very little pressure due to how hard it is to get into it.. I have fished it a few times when I was working at the expo and when I was like 10.. and have pulled some alright bass out of there.. how much do you think it weighed?

A
Ariel&Jared12
Hawk said:
A&J, do you see any crawdads around anywhere?
:)

Lol we didn't see any... Although, the Bass had some weird hard bug inside of it when we brought it home.

A
Ariel&Jared12
Melly Bait said:
Nice fish.. That pond back there gets very little pressure due to how hard it is to get into it.. I have fished it a few times when I was working at the expo and when I was like 10.. and have pulled some alright bass out of there.. how much do you think it weighed?

We saw a HUGE fish jump yesterday that looked dark orange/black or a red. We weren't sure what it was but heard there's more than Bass in there. Anyways, yeah people don't fish it often. They need to get back there and cut down the Blackberry bushes a little so it's not such a narrow path to some spots, lol. We think it weighed about a pound, if anything. We don't have a scale yet so it's hard to guesstimate lol. But we're buying one sometime this week so it'll help us out!

brandon4455
brandon4455
probably a koi or just a regular colored carp. sometime their bellies get an orange like color to it.

C
colbypearson
You ate it!!!???(its non of my business) I would have thought that dead body woulda thrown people off, cool fish it was spawning if you could release the fish there it would really be for the better since they are on their beds for only a few weeks starting now. The fish that jumped was a carp...... the trout fishing has been good in the second pond also.

Last edited:
Reactions: Melly Bait
A
Ariel&Jared12
brandon4455 said:
probably a koi or just a regular colored carp. sometime their bellies get an orange like color to it.

Koi's are out there? That's weird. Lol. It probably was a carp then but whatever it was, it was HUGE.

A
Ariel&Jared12
colbypearson said:
You ate it!!!???(its non of my business) I would have thought that dead body woulda thrown people off, cool fish it was spawning if you could release the fish there it would really be for the better since they are on their beds for only a few weeks starting now. The fish that jumped was a carp...... the trout fishing has been good in the second pond also.

What dead body? Lol. I had a feeling it was a Carp but we weren't sure. What second pond? The ponds confuse me, lol. I never know which ones are what.

D
Darthbeans
Yeah they pulled a dead guy outta there....more than one prolly by now. And for the record most of us are c&r only with bass so its kinda touchy to mention eating them.

Reactions: Melly Bait
A
Ariel&Jared12
Darthbeans said:
Yeah they pulled a dead guy outta there....more than one prolly by now. And for the record most of us are c&r only with bass so its kinda touchy to mention eating them.

Oh. Weird. If I saw a dead body, I'd leave that day but it wouldn't stop me from fishing there. Haha. &I didn't know that. But were not trying to be mean by taking the fish we catch home, its just that we got our licenses to fish &keep the fish we catch unless they aren't a legal size or really skinny.

C
colbypearson
If you see the things i have there you wouldnt think twice........ i wonder what the mercury levels look like.

T
tomriker
lol ew.. i hear most bass in ponds aren't very good, but if you catch em out of a river or somthing they ain't bad

A
Ariel&Jared12
colbypearson said:
If you see the things i have there you wouldnt think twice........ i wonder what the mercury levels look like.

There is no mercury levels. When we called to ask about LCL, we asked if they check the levels at the ponds and they do and there is none :)