Expo 3/8/11

E
eat, sleep, fish
First I've got to say thanks to Shane for posting that the ponds had been stocked. So with the river still high and muddy I decided to give trout a shot today. My girlfriend and I got out there around 12, and it didn't take long for us to hook up. However, we either never found the large school or they just weren't on the bite today. We tossed spinners and tried some powerbait, and only managed a few on the spinners. Even though it was slow it was still nice to get out, and the girlfriend ended up out fishing me by a 2:1 margin. There was 3 other guys out there as well, and we never saw them hook a single fish.

Now for a few pics:

S7301164.jpg

S7301165.jpg

S7301166.jpg

Reactions: skunk
P
Phil_Bud
Nice looks like fun.

T
Throbbit _Shane
nice job !! i think the trout are closer to the island. i got skunked today at selmac and then the applegate river.

G
GerbilManBoa
Nice

H
Hawk
"When in Doubt, Go Catch You a Trout". :lol::lol::lol:

Great Job.
:clap::clap:
:D:D
:cool:

D
Darthbeans
I have been out there twice in the past three days and since they did stock the front pond it has been a blast hooking into 30+ fish even if they are just the little stockers but i have kept a few for the table so its all good...It's not bassin' but til they turn on the little guys are fun but like Colby had said to me it is a little mean messing with the bass food lol :) used to throwing baits bigger than most of these but if you can get out there do it!!! plenty left and hungry.

Reactions: Throbbit _Shane
T
Throbbit _Shane
So your darthbeans lol. i tried for steelhead today. might go back to the pond for some action tomorrow lol.

N
nwkiller
nice work man, way to get the girl out as well, mine says "fishing....is it sunny and 75??????

A
Ariel&Jared12
which pond is the front one???

T
Throbbit _Shane
the one closest to the parking lot

E
eat, sleep, fish
Throbbit _Shane said:
the one closest to the parking lot

Yeah that one...They've stocked the other one too with their official stocking, so its got a lot more fish in it than the front one now.

A
Ariel&Jared12
Which one is the other one? We always get confused with those ponds because there's like 4. Lol.

E
eat, sleep, fish
When you park in the parking lot, the main one they stock is going to be off to the right, not right in front of the parking lot. The main one they stock has the fairgrounds road run right along it. But there is trout in both.

As far as I know the other ones don't get any trout in them. It's just the two closest to the parking lot.

D
Darthbeans
Believe it or not but the back one that nobody really fishes has them too. I was out in my float tube and must have hooked like 30 easily.....kept the 5 for limit and the rest were for fun. Was a few days after stocking too so they must use the channel and go in there (to feed the bass lol)

E
eat, sleep, fish
Darthbeans said:
Believe it or not but the back one that nobody really fishes has them too. I was out in my float tube and must have hooked like 30 easily.....kept the 5 for limit and the rest were for fun. Was a few days after stocking too so they must use the channel and go in there (to feed the bass lol)

Yeah that's all one pond, but for some reason the trout rarely venture through the channel.

A
Ariel&Jared12
That's crazy they stock the one that nobody really fishes in. We went to the ponds bright & early this morning. We started out with the main pond behind the stables... We didn't get anything. Jared got snagged once but other than that, no bites. He decided to turn around and try out the pond that we never see anybody fishing in and didn't get anything. After we were at the main pond for a while, we went to the pond by the parking lot. We fished close to the island and still got no bites... We used everything we could think of that we had; Spinners, powerbait, power eggs, nightcrawlers. We dipped our bait a few times in some jelly scents we have. Nothing seemed to work today. We got flat out SKUNKED. I guess the fish don't like the rain when it's cold. Lol. Once the weather clears up a little... We want to try it out again &hopefully we can get something this time; Even if it's just one little fish! HAHA.

E
eat, sleep, fish
Power bait about 3 ft under a bobber usually works for me when nothing else does. Also, if you're not getting any bites move around. I don't spend more than 15 mins in a spot if I don't get a bite. You just have to find the school and then it will be fish after fish.

A
Ariel&Jared12
Okay. We'll try it. Thank you!!!