brandon4455
l

Last edited:
R
RunWithSasquatch
It is a pretty looking stream.

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
You might want to check and make sure it's open. They close the Luckiamute every now and then.

*Edit*

Luckiamute River (Polk/Benton Co.)
1. Mainstem and tributaries not listed
• Open for trout May 28-Oct. 31, 2 trout per day, 8-inch minimum length.
• Angling restricted to artificial flies and lures only.
2. Little Luckiamute River (Polk Co.)
above falls at Falls City
• Open for trout April 23-Oct. 31, 2 trout per day, 8-inch minimum length.
• Angling restricted to artificial flies and lures only

Last edited:
troutdude
troutdude
GZ, Brandon did say that it isn't open yet.

I used to fish that stream, when it was stocked. It is a really nice little stream and a fun place to fish. I'd bet that the fishing has gotten better; since they don't stock it anymore and it probably gets less pressure.

Sounds like a great place to have a get together.

Brandon, is that lake you referred to on private or public property?

B
Bad Tuna
It is a fun little stream, the Falls City locals, kids and loggers fish it fairly hard still since it's local. There are some nice Cutts up high above town, and down near the confluence.

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
troutdude said:
GZ, Brandon did say that it isn't open yet.

I used to fish that stream, when it was stocked. It is a really nice little stream and a fun place to fish. I'd bet that the fishing has gotten better; since they don't stock it anymore and it probably gets less pressure.

Sounds like a great place to have a get together.

Brandon, is that lake you referred to on private or public property?

He said the gates are closed, but you can still walk in. He said nothing about the river.

This river is frequently closed during trout season.

GungasUncle
GungasUncle
When were you thinking of doing this - sounds like it'd be a fun way to spend a day or two.

brandon4455
brandon4455
this lake is not far off the road.. my dad just told me it's private you can't fish it i guess its like a cmp type thing... as far as when i thinking not to long after the season opens it is indeed a nice little river and has some nice cutthroat in it. and rainbows here and there. thanks for the heads up on the regulations bo if any questions need to be asked fire away.. any gear suggestions you need im sure i can provide good ones. oh, i suggest pinching barbs.. like my home creek it's very fragile.

troutdude
troutdude
brandon4455 said:
i thought this place would be great for a few of us to get together when trout fishing opens.

It is open in April.

troutdude
troutdude
Text eze

Text eze

Hey Brandon, some of don't speak text-eze...what's CMP?

brandon4455
brandon4455
sorry typo. i meant camp. like a summer camp sort of thing. my bad thanks for pointing that out, and letting me know when trout fishing opens. that gets me excited ;)

troutdude
troutdude
Aha. Mystery solved. I know of the lake that you mentioned. If I recall correctly, that lake is owned by a local church.

I'll do some research. Maybe we can get permission to fish in there. It's worth a try. The worst answer we'll get is no.

Reactions: brandon4455
brandon4455
brandon4455
troutdude said:
Aha. Mystery solved. I know of the lake that you mentioned. If I recall correctly, that lake is owned by a local church.

I'll do some research. Maybe we can get permission to fish in there. It's worth a try. The worst answer we'll get is no.

you be my best reserch man :p well, it would be nice to gain access i guaruntee its loaded with trophy cutts. all the lakes,ponds and streams up there are.

S
Spydeyrch
Yes, you know I will be there. It just depends on when my son is born. He is due April 17th. My first kid's b-day is April 13th (he will be 5), and my wedding anniversary is the 23rd of that month. So I am a little busy, but we will see what happens. :)

My mom has a ranch there in Falls City so not too hard to get to the river from her place. Actually, back in either November or December my mom and I went on a little hike and followed the river for a few miles. Kind of a prospecting hike. There are some AWESOME holes and we saw some really nice looking cutties. But yes, they do spook VERY easily.

As far as the lake goes, if I remember correctly, it is part of Camp Tapawingo. The lake is called Keyes Pond.

I don't know if there are any fish in it because I believe that it is an artificial lake. I haven't actually ever been to the lake so I am not too sure. My brother and I used to go by there quite a bit to hitup the Black Rock Mountain Biking trails up above the camp. AWESOME TRAILS!!!!

Hopefully, we can get a few other people to go. It really is a beautiful place and great waters to be on.

-Spydey

brandon4455
brandon4455
went up black rock road with my friends in his mustang to screw around a bit..explore and all that..do teenager stuff.. i walked along the little luckaimute and found a lot of good spots to fish. theres a few miles of access to the water after you pass the small green bridge, and some below it also. so lets getting started on planning this thing.. let me know what days of the week work best for everyone etc etc.. i can provide directions and stuff like that

brandon

R
RunWithSasquatch
Are they leaving the gate open on the weekends right now? or is it all locked down until hunting rolls around?

brandon4455
brandon4455
the white gate? it was closed.. thats the only gate i know of. but there is a little park and stuff below it and everything with plenty of fishable water. my friend said they stopped opening it to the public or somthing..

R
RunWithSasquatch
Its open every year, but its hit and miss, usually hunting season

GungasUncle
GungasUncle
My regular days off are Wednesday and Thursday - would love to hit this water some time. Would be cool to get something set up.

brandon4455
brandon4455
i made a thread in OFF gatherings :p gungasuncle, im pretty flexible on this, i can take day a day of school here and there we ill see what goes down