Excuse to fish

O
OnTheFly
How many excuses could there be to justify a fishing trip? Whether they are true or made up just for laughs, post your best excuse.

Call in to work: "I can't come in today I've come down with H1N1

To the spouse: "Sorry you had to clean the house today but look who did all the work to bring home all these fish!"

Cop pulls you over: Cop: "Any reason why you were driving so fast?" You: "There is a historical run of steelhead this year and they're stacked up like cord wood and I was over anxious to get down there to fish." As his pen stops writing on the citation pad, cop says, as he motions his head sideways, "go on..get outta here"

T
Troutier Bassier
Too many to list....

F
FishSchooler
I left my homework at the lake.

The fish ate my homework

Ooops! I used it as bait!

H
halibuthitman
remember darling when you made that wise arse comment to your mother about my 50 thousand dollers worth of fishing crap..... weeeeeelll wouldn't it be a shame to just let it sit here and gather dust?:shock:

A
autofisher
To the wife: Your mom's coming to town? Good thing the winters are running..... See you in a week.

Honey, the reason I go fishing so much, is because I don't want to annoy you by being here and being in your way all the time. I just thought I was helping you out.