Ever see a fish like this?

Anyfishisfine
This is from another forum. It looks deformed.

Erj0V.jpg

RunWithSasquatch
No, never have. Pretty well F-ed up. Surprised to see its a nate too... i would have expected it to be a hatchery fish.

eggs
Wow...

Gunga
I hope it doesn't go and spawn i wouldnt want to catch fish like that in the coming years.

RunWithSasquatch
Im sure it has nothing to do with genetics. Its lucky it didn't get eatin by something.

Gunga
I think its luckey that its even still alive.

Anyfishisfine
youngfishtyler said:
I think its luckey that its even still alive.

It isn't. I'm not even sure what state this is, but the guy said he caught a big trout, and it was a keeper.

** Edit, he did let it go

Last edited:
TTFishon
Yes I have seen a fish like that only it was a few small 10ish inch rainbows out of Smith Reservoir.

Eastcoastborn
I wonder why survival of the fittest doesn't apply here.... I guess nature can be deformed too

RunWithSasquatch
Drew the lucky straw, I bet it couldnt out run a seal, let alone a squid. Just lucky. I see it all the time in our culture:think:

troutdude
If you look really close, you'll see only one tooth too!

Or...maybe it's a salmonid with a Notre Dame sheepskin?

strawberry shortcake
It obviously didn't read the warnings on that bottle of little blue pills! Kinda surprised I'm the only one that figured this one out.

brandon4455
ive caught a couple trout like that before.

troutramp
Eastcoastborn said:
I wonder why survival of the fittest doesn't apply here.... I guess nature can be deformed too
sometimes the deformities becomr the factor that decides weather a species survives or not.

JeannaJigs
Looks like it never went to sea and spent it's whole life in the dirty willamette.

colbypearson
caught bass with hunch backs but thats much more extreme, most of the bass i get that have broken hunched backs also have signs that a bird grabbed then when they were smaller

lilsalmon
JeannaJigs said:
Looks like it never went to sea and spent it's whole life in the dirty willamette.

hah...thats what I was thinkin

Mad dog
Actually, I have a bunch of pic's of trout from the Wood river and Agency lake that look exactly like that! Some of them were 7-8 lbs. and seemed healthy enough other than the deformity. I can't remember what exactly the cause was.....it was the late 80's and early 90's so it has been a while! The native fish in the wood got infected with some sort of bacterial disease from hatchery fish that were stocked in Fort creek on the Take it easy ranch. We were advised to kill all the infected ones we caught!

Last edited:
plumb2fish
Whirling disease....At least thats what it looks like to me...

colbypearson
Eastcoastborn said:

its like a camel it stores the nutrition it needs in its hump HAHAHAHA

Top Bottom