Ever see a fish like this?

R

RunWithSasquatch

No, never have. Pretty well F-ed up. Surprised to see its a nate too... i would have expected it to be a hatchery fish.

Gunga

Gunga

I hope it doesn't go and spawn i wouldnt want to catch fish like that in the coming years.

R

RunWithSasquatch

Im sure it has nothing to do with genetics. Its lucky it didn't get eatin by something.

Gunga

Gunga

I think its luckey that its even still alive.

T

TTFishon

Yes I have seen a fish like that only it was a few small 10ish inch rainbows out of Smith Reservoir.

E

Eastcoastborn

I wonder why survival of the fittest doesn't apply here.... I guess nature can be deformed too

R

RunWithSasquatch

Drew the lucky straw, I bet it couldnt out run a seal, let alone a squid. Just lucky. I see it all the time in our culture:think:

troutdude

troutdude

If you look really close, you'll see only one tooth too!

Or...maybe it's a salmonid with a Notre Dame sheepskin?

S

strawberry shortcake

It obviously didn't read the warnings on that bottle of little blue pills! Kinda surprised I'm the only one that figured this one out.

brandon4455

brandon4455

ive caught a couple trout like that before.

T

troutramp

I wonder why survival of the fittest doesn't apply here.... I guess nature can be deformed too
sometimes the deformities becomr the factor that decides weather a species survives or not.

J

JeannaJigs

Looks like it never went to sea and spent it's whole life in the dirty willamette.

C

colbypearson

caught bass with hunch backs but thats much more extreme, most of the bass i get that have broken hunched backs also have signs that a bird grabbed then when they were smaller

M

Mad dog

Actually, I have a bunch of pic's of trout from the Wood river and Agency lake that look exactly like that! Some of them were 7-8 lbs. and seemed healthy enough other than the deformity. I can't remember what exactly the cause was.....it was the late 80's and early 90's so it has been a while! The native fish in the wood got infected with some sort of bacterial disease from hatchery fish that were stocked in Fort creek on the Take it easy ranch. We were advised to kill all the infected ones we caught!

Last edited:
C

colbypearson

its like a camel it stores the nutrition it needs in its hump HAHAHAHA

Top Bottom