Ever been chased by a salmon????????????

B
bigsteel
well Lilsalmon has:lol::lol::lol:we hit a small tributary to the north santiam in search of trout and we got plenty of them,but the funniest thing was rose was standing in the river fishing and i spooked a huge salmon and he took off like a mad man going downstream right into roses area,he was right at her feet and started thrashing around so she starts kickin and flailing aroung,,yelling ITS A SHARK.....Rose ive never seen you jump that high and it was priceless.:lol::lol::lol::lol: I had real good luck with this new caddis pattern i designed,,,i call it the hacle stacker mini..

• september 25th,2010 010.jpg
  • september 25th,2010 006.jpg
  • september 25th,2010 004.jpg
  • september 25th,2010 008.jpg
  • september 25th,2010 009.jpg
  • september 25th,2010 001.jpg
  • september 25th,2010 005.jpg
  • september 25th,2010 003.jpg
  • september 25th,2010 002.jpg
  • september 25th,2010 007.jpg
G
Growbug
HA HA HA... ROFL..

Rose.. BUY A NET.. you could have held the net in the water whilst the salmon swam into it!!!

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Ummm,well...er...

Ummm,well...er...

"SHARK"?? :shock: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :confused: :lol: :lol: :lol:

F
FishFiddle
Hey, I've seen them too....Great Whites and Hammerheads! Most of them on the bank tho.. Not to hijack or but I want to RANT a little. My last two trips to our great northwest rivers I have carried home no less than 14 assorted aluminum cans left by whomever deserves to be called worse than a Hammerhead! But really, back on thread, sounds like a really great time and a story that will surely go down in family lore for generations!! And Lil even has a witness! Thanks for sharing.

C
ChezJfrey
Raincatcher said:
"SHARK"?? :shock: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :confused: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't know if I'd roll my eyes that much. Check this out...it was caught in a fresh water river: River Monsters : Bull Shark : Animal Planet

While Oregon is out of their range, I wouldn't be terribly surprised to learn they have adapted to our temps either...

Watch your toes ;)

O
OnTheFly
Jaws comes to mind. Just think if there was an under water video shot like through the eyes of the fish then Rose's waders comes into view with the jaws music getting more and more intense followed by Rose's reaction. Bahahahahah!!!

J
JeannaJigs
OnTheFly said:
Jaws comes to mind. Just think if there was an under water video shot like through the eyes of the fish then Rose's waders comes into view with the jaws music getting more and more intense followed by Rose's reaction. Bahahahahah!!!

:lol:

B
BigShayne
Hey I went out on saturday (above Detroit) and couldn't find a fish rising. I have never, ever gotten less then a 10 fish day on the fly up there, but that day I only got 2. ??? Do you have any insight to the time of day the hatch is at right now and what patterns are really working right now? Thanks. And congrats on the fish. and the salmon. I really enjoyed the story.

B
bigsteel
BigShayne said:
Hey I went out on saturday (above Detroit) and couldn't find a fish rising. I have never, ever gotten less then a 10 fish day on the fly up there, but that day I only got 2. ??? Do you have any insight to the time of day the hatch is at right now and what patterns are really working right now? Thanks. And congrats on the fish. and the salmon. I really enjoyed the story.

for me the hatch has been the most consistent from 7 to 11 am then it slows down til about 5,right as the sun starts setting they go crazy.the santiam is mainly a caddis show along with stoneflies,,ive been having real good luck with small stimulator patterns,goddard caddis,and a new fly i invented the hackle stack mini,,its an emerging caddis pattern.

L
lilsalmon
Hah!!!!! I can't believe you posted that....I thought only old ladies exagerate....I didn't say it looked like a shark til after...that sucker was huge...closest I came to my salmon though. Actually, the first one startled me when I was bent over washing mud OFF my hands from my butt slide (unintentional) down to the water......was in like 2 inches of water right beside me...

As a side note, it was failed to be mentioned that this same lilsalmon waded out in rushing water, waist deep, to a rock where said "sharks" were hiding, to retrieve some unnamed persons glasses.......hehe. What a day we had. :D

L
lilsalmon
BigShayne said:

We were above Detroit also. The third picture is of a very sweet native trout I caught on a caddis with a green butt.......not sure what it is called, bigsteel tied it.

M
metalfisher76
Good job bro!! Rose, they don`t bite!!!:lol: At least that`s what a lot of folks think;)

L
lilsalmon
Dave is soooo dead when I see him next.........

J
JeannaJigs
lilsalmon said:

Video tape the murder!

B
bigsteel
lilsalmon said:
:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

M
Mike123
Hahaha! nice fish btw!

I had a huge spawning chinook buck bite my foot one time... really hard too!! He was just sitting there all spent out and spawned, so I tried nudging him with my foot.. and he bit me! lol

O
OnTheFly
Mike123 said:
Hahaha! nice fish btw!

I had a huge spawning chinook buck bite my foot one time... really hard too!! He was just sitting there all spent out and spawned, so I tried nudging him with my foot.. and he bit me! lol

So what were you wearing, your UV tennies?lol

M
Mike123
OnTheFly said:
So what were you wearing, your UV tennies?lol

Yea I had one of those rave bracelets on my ankle. lmao. After those things spawn they have no fear... One swam by me on the South santiam the other day and I grabbed it by the tail real fast and held it up. Put it back in and it swam right back next to me. lol. Just waiting for death.

O
OnTheFly
A wave bracelet lol!! I don't blame you for getting out of the way. At that stage those fish have teeth like dogs.

Top Bottom