Eugene/Cottage Grove area

T
the_intimidator03
I was wondering if anyone knew of places for a bankie to go and catch decent size trout (15-20") species i dont really care about. just would like some larger trout. Ive thought of tryin cottage grove, dexter, dorena res. but i dont really have any clue on how to fish these places. any tips, or decent area's to go would be helpful.

Eric

T
Thuggin4Life
we catch 15" ers at dexter and fall creek but they come along with smaller ones. Fish OFF the dam at fall creek with lures and if you work the whole dam starting at northshore you should be able to limit out. Best bet would be the evening bite. And there is a lot of chinokanee in that area right now. mmmn smoked chinoke.

T
the_intimidator03
thanks i was lookin at fishing dexter or fall creek res. what species are available in fall creek res? I did go to dorena today and also fished the row a little... a few cutt's 6-12 inch and some small largemouth and a beautiful 17 1/2 inch smallie on a rooster tail :-d also lost a bout a 2-3 lb largemouth.. broke my 6 lb test lol bad spot in the line. time to change it

D
donjduck2
I hear of a lot of people fishing Cottage Grove/Dorena Lakes with powerbait right off the dam,and others that fish it closer to the inlets.I don't know how big of fish they are catching but do know there are some nice fish that come out of these lakes.I'm always seeing lots of people fishing the dam area on both these lakes.
Just remember both of these lake have a health advisor for mercury,just check you reg guide foe more info about this.

G
GrillMaster
Hills creek

Hills creek

If you are into catch and release fishing you should try Hills creek, they have a very good population of over 20"ers in that lake. Try near the rivers and creeks that come into that lake, either by boat or from shore. Remember there is a warning on the algae in that lake but near the rivers it isn't so bad.

GM

T
Thuggin4Life
I wouldn't eat a fish out of Doreana. As for fall creek there are bass, crappie, rainbow, and chinokanee that I know of.