Estuary sturgeon

D
DB Crouper
3 days of fishing upriver from Astoria produced only one keeper, a fat 47" to the fork nice hog. The fishing was very slow, with only 5 shakers and one keeper in 2 1/2 days of fishing. Fish are there, but biting very light. Probably too much and too cold water.

• sturgeon 2011.jpg
brandon4455
brandon4455
they are all in the river spawning! :lol: very nice fish there db :clap: but it sure is a hell of a lot more exciting when you have t work for the fish and you get a good one :D i like the new avatar btw pretty cool

Last edited:
H
Hawk
Great Job, Bro
She is a reel beauty.
Well Done.

:D:D:D
:clap::clap::clap:
:dance::dance:
:lol::lol::lol:
:cool::cool:

L
lilsalmon
nice!!!! :yay:

D
DZ122/6
It was a fun day-trip for me Saturday. Managed to hook a sub-legal and got me fired up for the next outing!
Thanks DB,
DZ

Reactions: Slick
D
DB Crouper
DZ122/6 said:
It was a fun day-trip for me Saturday. Managed to hook a sub-legal and got me fired up for the next outing!
Thanks DB,
DZ
DZ!! Good to see you on OFF. Looking forward to June 18th. Should be good fishing by then. Thanks for the new avatar. That DB Cooper missing $5700 looks pretty good, considering it was buried in the mud for years. I think after 2 years I can claim it. 200K just doesn't go as far as it used to.:shock:

S
Slick
Sorry I couldn't make it Don. Sounds like you guys had fun anyway. Hope to get with you on the next trip.

T
Thuggin4Life
1! keeper is better than no keepers. Nice fish!

Reactions: Slick
K
Kevinb5688
For the lite bites try berkley quick set rod holders. Amazing for bottom feeding fish. See a bite, and set hook straight up from the pole holder, no pulling rod out before. It increased me sturgeon
hook up percentage 80% at least!

D
DB Crouper
Here's a report for the weekend Estuary fishing venture. On Friday afternoon, Slick got a 42" keeper, plus a bunch of shakers from 3 PM to 7 PM.
Saturday we got a 43" keeper plus the pictured 75" oversize, and another bunch of shakers.
Sunday Slick snuck a rotten banana on board, and so, naturally, we didn't get a single bite. It did however make a believer, in the curse of the banana, out of Slick.

brandon4455
brandon4455
awesome fish guys. i bet that oversize hurt your shoulder eh? :lol:

L
lilsalmon
Nice fisheys boys....good job...:yay: Giving you some more banana..hehe.:yay::yay:

Reactions: bigsteel
D
DB Crouper
lilsalmon said:
Nice fisheys boys....good job...:yay: Giving you some more banana..hehe.:yay::yay:

"Walk softly, and don't carry a big banana."-Teddy Roosevelt
"The only thing to fear, is bananas."-Franklin Roosevelt
"You can't block me with a banana."-Roosevelt Grier
"We hate bananas."-Roosevelt Elk

Please, please listen to the Roosevelts of the world. No bananas on board.:(

brandon4455
brandon4455
yeah when i went salmon fishign with my grandpa, uncle and a family friend the fish were not biting our stuff. a few days later i foudn out pops had brought 3 bananas with for lunch not knowing they would ruin the fishing LOL i dont touch bananas before or during fishign anymore at all

F
frodog
Sweet oversize I too was down there on the 12th the fishing seemed slow overall but we did catch 3 keepers one that was 49 and 2 that were 43 and three shakers. That was a first for me a boat limit. The part that was so cool for us is my cousins son was fishing with us and it was his birthday and he caught the biggest fish. It is bigger than he is.

F
frodog
IMGP1931.jpg
I sure hope these pics show up 1st timer.

Last edited:
S
slimyguts
Just got a report from a friend fishin there today. 3 keepers within 2 hrs plus shakers. Gonna meet up with him in a day or so. Hope the bite keeps up. Also had 10 people limit on clams within 30 min.

D
DB Crouper
I'll be there Saturday and Sunday in a white Thunderjet, with a boatload of crazies each day. John Day launch.

L
lilsalmon
DB Crouper said:
I'll be there Saturday and Sunday in a white Thunderjet, with a boatload of crazies each day. John Day launch.

wow...thats a lot bigger than the one I caught on accident....looks fun....a boat load of crazies...sounds like I should be there...hehe