Endorsements, tags and cards oh my...

PorkChopExpress
PorkChopExpress
Apologize if this has been asked before I need some clarification what I need to start fishing in Oregon.
I'm a resident who wants to start trout and bass fishing now, and try my luck when steelhead start running.
I'm going to get my angling license, but ODFW wants to add the Columbia river basin endorsement, is that correct?
Then do I need to add a "combined angling tag" and "hatchery harvest card"?

Thanks for helping clarify the process.

S
Socaaron
Basic angling license for trout, the combined angling tag if you want to target, Salmon, Steelhead, Halibut and Sturgeon(even for catch and release),
The Columbia endorsement if you're targeting Salmon, Steelhead and Sturgeon in any tributary in the Columbia basin(pretty much all of them)
The hatchery tag is if you need additional tag slots(salmon steelhead) over the ones on your combo tag...I've never needed one, never caught that many in a season

Last edited:
rogerdodger
rogerdodger
Socaaron said:
Basic angling license for trout, the combined angling tag if you want to target, Salmon, Steelhead, Halibut and Sturgeon(even for catch and release),
The Columbia endorsement if you're targeting Salmon, Steelhead and Sturgeon in any tributary in the Columbia basin(pretty much all of them)
The hatchery tag is if you need additional tag slots(salmon steelhead) over the ones on your combo tag...I've never needed one, never caught that many in a season

that pretty much covers it. get your Combined Angling tag before doing any steelhead or salmon fishing, here is the graphic on where the CRB endorsement is required:

MF8wOkt.jpg

PorkChopExpress
PorkChopExpress
Great thanks for the help!