End of an era - Pat's Hand Tied Flies closing

E
eat, sleep, fish
Ever since I first started making the trip to the upper Rogue for spring salmon, I always stopped in at Pat's Hand Tied Flies to look at recent pictures, talk a bit of fishing, and grab a snack for the day. However, soon anglers will be forced to stop in Medford to get their needed supplies, as an end of an era is coming on the upper Rogue. Pat's is selling off their inventory, and will be closing their doors very soon.

Here's one of my best memories from a successful day of springer fishing...
adam%2520and%2520i.jpg

Please feel free to share your memories from the store....

D
dangerranger
Thats too bad. I spent a lot of time in that store, my uncle bob used to sit in the back and tie flies and do shuttles for them.

F
fredaevans
Total Bummer!
fae

M
Mad dog
fredaevans said:
Total Bummer!
fae

For sure!!! :(

One of my 1st ever steelhead fishing experiences, probably back about 1978, envolved a stop at Pat's to get some tackle. :clap:

My most memorable was waiting for Pat's to open in the morning to buy a couple of salmon rods, broke 2 rods in the 1st hour of springer fishing.....one broke putting a little too much pressure on a salmon leading it into the net and shattered the rod!!! 15 minutes later and I broke a 2nd rod setting on another fish! :shock: Hardly get a 2nd look on the upper Rouge pulling shenanigan's like that! :lol:

Too bad about Pat's!!! :(

Last edited:
S
steelhead_stalkers
That's to bad. They were going to carry our yarn and then I never heard anything from them. I wondered what had happened and this kind of explains it. That's sad when a long standing business has to close its doors! :(

D
David Shurr
Just bought some stuff at Pat's! His inventory is getting low.