Empire Lakes?

W
womanwhofishes
correct!

W
womanwhofishes
Yesterday each Empire Lakes was stocked with 3000 legal trout ..We chatted to a guy he says they was small/skinny.
I tried to call ODFW/Roseburg the day b4 to ask when they was ,they wouldnt tell me..

D
deejay
empire lakes is a good inner city ghetto bass fishing spot biggest bass i got out of there was 4 lbs with a senko if you go there stay on the trail the numerous bum camps and heroine needles hanging out in the brush might get you

Reactions: OnTheFly
S
scottishsmokedsalmon
fished the middle lake yesterday for 6 hours ,tried powerbait,worms and rooster tails,and got nada.
i think ODFW have come in the night and sucked up all the fish they put in ,or we have a cormorant who
is eating more than his fair share of trout.:naughty::naughty::(

S
slimyguts
Nailed 2 nice ones. Released one. Believe I was on the middle lake?? Right next to the college. Tons of guys sittin on the wall catchin stockers so I headed right from the parking lot through the brush. Looks AWESOME for bass but could not buy a bite from one. Watched somekind of duck or large bird swallow a nice 14" rainbow. Below is a picture of the smaller of the two that I caught. This one was not gonna make it so I gave it to some old timer there who was not having any luck. The other was about 3" longer and quite a bit fatter. Need to bring the toon next time. Hooked this one about half way across the lake and casting between the two trees behind me in the picture. Tons of fun tryin to keep them out of the trees and not burr up the 10lb test I was using. Using a #3 Bud spinner with copper blade for the larger of the two. the smaller one hit a #3 spinner that looked like a fly. Think it was made for fly guys but I will try anything once!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: OnTheFly
W
womanwhofishes
THAT IS AWESOME DUDE!!
We will try anything thanks for tips..

Wwf and SsS

S
scottishsmokedsalmon
went out to empire yesterday,first day the rains stopped for a while.
started about 3pm,the fish were not playing,until about 6pm,when
the bite came on,managed to catch 4,and missed a couple of nibbillers.
one nice 17 inch brooder,and three small rainbows,was hoping to catch
my limit,but theres always today.:D:clap::clap:

W
womanwhofishes
the latest .

the latest .

For HIM!!
I work lol
lovely huh!:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
taste good tooooo..

F
fishndad
well empire lakes is definitely a family oriented set of lakes, lots of access for kids, etc. now just like any lake that has a steady stocking program there is gonna be fishing fun for everyone. and yes there is bass, bluegill and trout. ive caught some very nice bucketmouths from this lake, but it doesn't have a huge amount of them. this is a trout fishermans habitat. if your taking the kids find a little cove with nearby weed beds, stumps etc, use a small peice of worm and you can catch lots of bluegill. for bass well, id consider finding the stacks of lilly pads and stumps and throw top water scum frogs in the evening, and throw senkos during the day! stick with realistic colors, like your pumpkins, watermelons etc!

W
womanwhofishes
todays Catch...

todays Catch...

SsS today catch.. nice ones eh...

S
scottishsmokedsalmon
good morning at empire today,caught my first limit of trout,not too big but 5
legal fish and released two that were too small,just for you troutski....
went back out after 12,but the wind had picked up and kept the fish quiet.
always tomorrow....after my job interview of course.

S
scottishsmokedsalmon
family day at empire lake yesterday,so i stayed out of the way till about 2pm
kids were all over the lake,looked like most of them were having fun.
nice of odfw to restock the lake for them and to net off part of the lake to
give the kids a good chance of catching fish.
caught another limit,not big fish but good for 2 hours of fishing.
almost every cast got a hook up,fish seemed to like the red/yellow powereggs.
should have taken the camera,but was too busy reeling them in .

W
womanwhofishes
OCH AYE THE NEW!!
YOU ROCK dear....!!
Taste great..

W
womanwhofishes
Good Job catching your limit twice today dear!!!

S
scottishsmokedsalmon
Get ready for the last stocking of the year.......ODFW are putting in some 3000 one pounders,second week in october.
get ready to fill your freezer.

Troutski
Troutski
Tight lines...

Tight lines...

Nice to hear from you, been awhile. Never fish that lake, drove by it a few times but never wet a line.
Tight lines to you and the Wife...

Chuck

S
scottishsmokedsalmon
not been doing much fishing over the summer,troutski,but i still read the forum daily,been too busy finding work
down here. Hope to hit the water after they stock it.It really sucks being stuck onshore when i can look out into
the bay down here and see the salmon jump as they run up the river.
best wishes from becky and me.

M
mozzles
Anyone having any luck at Empire Lakes this year? They just stocked it a couple weeks ago but I haven't seen many people there. Went down for an hour or so today and didn't have any bites, probably going back tomorrow.

Oh and hi my name is Zac, I'm 24 and have lived in Coos Bay most of my life.

D
deejay
I've been thinking about going down there and doing a little bass fishing since it's pretty close to the house I always catch bruter trout throwin a spinnerbait

Zac I'm Darren 26 and lived in coos bay all my life

H
hawgcaller
QWCS said:
About 5 or 6 years ago a lady pulled a 10lb bass outta Empire Lakes on a nightcrawler. I saw a picture of it at The Bites On tackle shop in the Empire district of Coos Bay.

The lake is mostly a hatchery rainbow fishery and is very popular with local children right after stockings. But there are some bass in there. I have caught a few yellow perch and bluegill by accident as well.
I lived in that area for 25 years and fished the heck out of it. That lady that caught that so called 10 pounder actually caught it on power bait??? I believe what happened is she hooked a trout and the rest is history. My PB out of that lake is 5 and a half. My buddy got one that was over 6 but didn't have a scale to confirm. The lakes are full of trout. I caught mine on a 3 inch senko. lol. There are a lot of really big bass in there but I think the problem is they are so fat and full of trout it is very difficult to get them on any other presentation. I just recently started fishing swimbaits and I am gonna give it a good go there this year a few times. I will post pics if the inevitable happens.