Elk & Sixes River

S
SOMCREW
The Elk & Sixes were a Hit or Miss big time this year. With scary low water it was a tough season for Fall Chinook Kings but, if you worked for them you were rewarded with stellar results.

Any one with some Hawg Pics???

• Rustin.png
  • Image7.pngRL.png
  • SOM CREW NET.png
Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Welcome to the best fishing forum west of Staten Island! :D I suspect you have most of the waterways in the southern part of the state totally dialed in. Looking forward to many more reports and pics! Glad to have you aboard! :thumb:

S
SOMCREW
Thank you Raincatcher! We have a pretty big following on our website and facebook. Would really like to help out on the site for the southern oregon part!!!! I just found about this site this morning!!! would love to chat more about it..

C_Run
C_Run
Nice to see reports from the south coast, my old stomping grounds. Keep it up. Can't help out with the pics, though. Haven't made it lately.

T
troutmasta
There are some recent pics of some slabs up on here. They may not be labeled Elks and Sixes but we have some S. Oregon slammers on here.
Welcome!

B
BlueWater
Welcome. I live at the Elk and Sixes and assure you that it hasn't been hit or miss this season - if you know those rivers. Was bad for boats, but great for waders.

T
TimberTodd
Nice fish and welcome to OFF. I grew up in Coos Bay and fished the Elk and Sixes in the 70s-80s. Have a lot of good memories from those rivers.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
SOMCREW said:
Thank you Raincatcher! We have a pretty big following on our website and facebook. Would really like to help out on the site for the southern oregon part!!!! I just found about this site this morning!!! would love to chat more about it..
You are more than welcome to post your website in your signature so it's seen with each post. :thumb: I know I would love to check it out. The only thing against the rules, as far as websites, is no selling before you meet the criteria of 30 posts in 30 days minimum. I say go for it! :D

S
SOMCREW
Raincatcher I can't seem to find the signature edit opition.. and blue water im not meaning to be rude or snotty but it was hit or miss. the water levels played a huge part and we had days in waders and boat some drew blanks and some days were on fire. We had some Chrome come out of both rivers and fished each river at least a half of dozen times stoping at hot spots bank fishing running plugs back bouncing drifting anchovies and everything we could think. This was our 7th year on the system and by far one of the toughest. Some boats or anglers happen to show up on the days that were good and thought it was stellar. That was not the case for everyone. If you had a great year congrats and would love to talk more about it and the techniques you used to entice the bite!!!

S
SOMCREW
Image10.jpg

jamisonace
jamisonace
Tough year is an understatement. I bet we haven't been this hydro-challenged in decades on the South Coast. 2 rain events that raised the rivers for a few short days. Fishing was amazing on those days but tough otherwise.

Hope the Sixes natives got enough water to get up and do their thing.

Thank you Lord.jpg

Last edited:
E
eugene1
SOMCREW, welcome to the forum!

Nice to see more chromage from that area. Do you guys ever fish in NorCal? Got a pic of a hog steelie caught by a Norcal guy today in your area.

Best,

W
WildRivers
Yeah, it was the driest season down here that I can remember, but I'm going with BlueWater on this one. Sorry. We drove up two times when the water was thin and shallow, and limited both times, plus some wild kings that we released. I'll admit that it took longer to limit each day than ususal, but the folks around here weren't having all that much trouble adapting to low water.

The Elk and Sixes are like any other water: you got to know the rivers when they're in poor condition.

S
SOMCREW
Not to much. Would love to get down on the smith though, heard it can be a blast. Your pig on the main Umpqua

C_Run
C_Run
Here's my Sixes coho again...

5gfuCRT.jpg

Hope it's spawned by now.

S
SOMCREW
1375941_679931565359985_1019150310_n.jpg

Here a Couple Nices Nooks of the Sixes. Don't get us wrong we actually got a lot of fish. Just was not as productive as we have seen it over the years.

T
Tinker
Okay, I live here - these are my home waters - and I don't care if the water is up or down, I'm not catching them, so step outside and remember Marquis of Queensberry Rules. There haven't been anywhere near as many boats on the water as we generally get, but judging by the number of carcasses spread over all the landings, everyone and their Uncle is catching plenty. Just not me... (SIGH).

Welcome to OFF, and nice fish.

S
SOMCREW
Tinker said:
Okay, I live here - these are my home waters - and I don't care if the water is up or down, I'm not catching them, so step outside and remember Marquis of Queensberry Rules. There haven't been anywhere near as many boats on the water as we generally get, but judging by the number of carcasses spread over all the landings, everyone and their Uncle is catching plenty. Just not me... (SIGH).

Welcome to OFF, and nice fish.

One of my crew Pro-Staff resides there as well .. Home water for us pretty much to for almost 7 years =D

D
DirectDrive
Nice.

Sorry about the accident.
When do the bandages come off ?

S
SOMCREW
He has them off now and is focused on MetalHeads