Elk & Sixes after the next major rain

R
Razz
Just a little heads up about the salmon catching soon to happen.

F
Finneus Polebender
Razz said:
Just a little heads up about the salmon catching soon to happen.

There are many of us doin the rain dance!

D
deejay
uh it is already been happening

R
Razz
deejay said:
uh it is already been happening

We need more rain like last week along with the same bite.

D
deejay
well you got youre wish for rain it went up almost 3 feet in 24 hours

F
Finneus Polebender
hearing we might try tues hope I can get out of workin !

H
Halfthrive
Finneus Polebender said:
hearing we might try tues hope I can get out of workin !

Well? Did ya get out?

P
plumb2fish
about to head south for the day......hope the salmon cooperate

brandon4455
brandon4455
good luck ;)

P
plumb2fish
Absolutely epic day. although I was completely illprepared for the sheer power of these fish, I managed to land 2, have three more booted by an inexperienced net man and get completely whooped by countless others. I learned that my steelhead rod was not enough to turn these fish...duh. but what a hoot. I hooked over 20 of these monsters today and my hands,arms and shoulders are still burning 5+ hrs later. 4 of us hit the elk today and I let a friend use my salmon rod and i fished with my steelhead rod......these fish were breaking their 30lb leaders all day long... after the boat parade was done, we had a perfect travel lane to ourselves all day...epic is all I can say. I banked 2 of our 4 landed fish on 12 lb maxima.....

Last edited:
brandon4455
brandon4455
plumb2fish said:
Absolutely epic day. although I was completely illprepared for the sheer power of these fish, I managed to land 2, have three more booted by an inexperienced net man and get completely whooped by countless others. I learned that my steelhead rod was not enough to turn these fish...duh. but what a hoot. I hooked over 20 of these monsters today and my hands,arms and shoulders are still burning 5+ hrs later. 4 of us hit the elk today and I let a friend use my salmon rod and i fished with my steelhead rod......these fish were breaking their 30lb leaders all day long... after the boat parade was done, we had a perfect travel lane to ourselves all day...epic is all I can say. I banked 2 of our 4 landed fish on 12 lb maxima.....

way to go! that sounds like a badass trip

brandon

R
Razz
I always love to hear fisherman say they can land any fish on 17 lb line.People always give me the EYE when I tell them we had 5+ per rod.These days can never be recorded in a photo only in memeory, to pass on to our children about how it used to be.Nothing better the next morning waking and the arms will not work because of fighting fish .

P
plumb2fish
If the weather pans out as predicted, I'll be back down there for another can of whoop azz to be opened on me by those feesh....

F
Finneus Polebender
Halfthrive said:
Well? Did ya get out?

Ended up to be monday 12 / 6 and yeah buddy we had a great outing .