Elk River in late November

R
Rferguson61
My family and I are planning Thanksgiving down near the Elk River and I was thinking about sneaking off and spending some time on the Elk if it would be a good time. I have found some old writings regarding the productivity of the Elk River that say it’s runs start later and end later. Like I said…these are pretty old though (from the late 80s early 90s). Anyone know if the end of November is still a good time for salmon on the Elk? I’ve got a boat so I’m not worried about the limited bank access. Thanks!

jamisonace
jamisonace
Thanksgiving is perfect on the Elk. Don't overlook Sixes if the Elk is too low.

R
Rferguson61
jamisonace said:
Thanksgiving is perfect on the Elk. Don't overlook Sixes if the Elk is too low.
Awesome thanks! Do you have a number you look for where you consider it too low?

jamisonace
jamisonace
It's more a clarity issue. If it's gin clear, go to Sixes. In general I prefer it above 3'.

Reactions: Rferguson61
C_Run
C_Run
I believe you can only retain hatchery on Elk this year so better check up. I caught a chrome fall Chinook on December 28th a few years ago.

G
Gulfstream
jamisonace said:
It's more a clarity issue. If it's gin clear, go to Sixes. In general I prefer it above 3'.
True that! It all depends on the rain F Y I no motors allowed on the sixes

R
Rferguson61
Gulfstream said:
True that! It all depends on the rain F Y I no motors allowed on the sixes
Good to know. This may be a dumb question but does that include electric trolling motors?

jamisonace
jamisonace
Rferguson61 said:
Good to know. This may be a dumb question but does that include electric trolling motors?
Yes