Elk river 11/3-5/10

M
mosd
went down to the elk river during the week to avoid the crowds but as you can see there wasn't much avoidance. didn't hook anything on weds but thursday got one, then friday got another. CIMG0676.jpgCIMG0659.jpgCIMG0675.jpgCIMG0650.jpgCIMG0658.jpg

T
Thuggin4Life
Nice cath!

M
Moe
Great fish!!

J
JeannaJigs
Very nice! The combat zone picture is unreal.

W
wormosa
i coudn't deal with everyone so close, it would drive me nuts

C
Coastaldweller
Horrible.....The Elk and the Sixes aren't much of a secret anymore......It makes me sick to see people lined up like that.

Lol, but awesome fish man!!

Last edited:
L
lilsalmon
wormosa said:
i coudn't deal with everyone so close, it would drive me nuts

I agree.....not my cup o tea......

nice fish, tho

T
TTFishon
Beautiful fish dude!!!

brandon4455
brandon4455
nice fish!

F
Finneus Polebender
nice one dude!

J
Johnny Southpaw
Nice chrome in the combat zone!

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Wear a grey wig...

Wear a grey wig...

Nice reward for standing your ground. The way to clear out a spot is to cast out there like a lil 'ol grandma who hasn't fished for a while. :shock: Sends Autofisher running for cover every time! :whistle: :lol: :lol:

H
hawgslayer
Nice Fish ! You can't beat ocean freshies, but with those crowds you can have it. There's no way I could be around that many people fishing. I get upset when I have more than 3 around me bank fishing....

B
BobbiDollPDX
Sitting here weighing the nice fish with the ugly crowd. Good job but I don't know if I could have done it.

S
steelheadstalker31
Very nice fish, I had no idea that fishery got that crowded.

M
mosd
well after much deliberation i came to this conclusion... i believe the reason it was so crowded was due to the fact that the Sixes river is still plugged up at the mouth with sand an no fish can come into it, so once we get a good rain for the sixes to rise an unplug itself, then the fish will be in that river(Sixes) an the crowds should dissipate on the Elk river near the mouth... im going back again this weekend for sat/sun....
thats one good thing about flyfishing, you usually clear a path through the maylay an not be so close together... i knew a few peeps that where there with there 14 foot spey rods, an they had all the room they wanted

C
capblack
you had to deal with that crowd for 3 days for two fish? ill pass. id hate to see the place on the weekend, what a joke. nice job though for getting some, going home with the skunk would have made it real bad. Brian

brandon4455
brandon4455
i'd love to land a nook on a fly. that sounds like the best battle ever

M
mosd
its nice but takes longer to land the fish on the bank an having to go through the lines of guys below ya tossing gear vs. having a spinner rod with braid on it and basically hooking the fish an backing up the bank

S
skunk
Nice fish, but I agree with others. I'll take no fish and solitude over that! Something for everyone I guess.