Elk Lake last Saturday

N
nimzrock
Our oldest godson graduated from Tualatin valley fire acadamy last thursday and since his parents live in Tumalo it was only fitting that we try a new lake . Danny his dad and I launched our toons around 8 to a deserted flat georgous Elk lake. Dan and Ed are purists and were throwing flies all day while I trolled, threw spinners and still fished. It was a slow day but we each landed brookies and Ed lost a huge pole bender rainbow that spit his popper right in front of his boat and then added injury by swimming away under the boat and between his legs. The wind came and went from noon on and really picked up aroud 4 with spray coming off the white caps. Great views of Bachelor and what I believe is the south sister. Tight lines !

S
steelhead_slayer
Congratulations to your godson and welcome to fire service. Glad you guys got into some fish. Those brookies are gorgeous and good fighters

J
jrbecca
Congratulations on your godson's great accomplishment! Elk Lake is near and dear to my husband's family's heart as they've camped there regularly for three generations now. Beautiful lake with beautiful views. It sounds like while it was a slow day for you, there was still plenty of action to take away some great memories. Were there a lot of people on the lake?

Thanks for sharing!

N
nimzrock
Thank you Slayer, Dan is an amazing 28 year old, state champ in wrestling for Colton, his senior year he did bull riding in high school rodeo then joined the marines and did three tours in Iraql(lt Dan) . He made leutenant in Coltons volunteer (sp) tested for the Portland fire exam 2 years ago and finished 2nd out of 1500. Yes we are proud

N
nimzrock
Thank you Jrbecca, I can see why the family would go there. I was quite shocked to arrive in the campground at 8 and every site had a boat but the lake was empty. we actually launched from the day use on the south side. We hope to hit all the high lakes in the next year. " Let me do it now , for I shall never pass this way again "

J
JimBob
People don't seem to be too serious about Fishing Elk. It's one of my favorite lakes and it has some nice fish in it. I guess people would rather play in the water.

Top Bottom