Electronic Preditor call

J
jerr1939
Starting to think about getting into Coyote calling to fill in spare time between fishing and shooting sage rats. What about these mid priced electronic calls ($40-60) most have 6-7 calls on them. Anyone with experience with them? Any and all info and suggestions welcome...thanks Jerr

R
RunWithSasquatch
Im not exactly sure which calls you're talking about. They make ones that dont have remotes, and the speakers can be fairly poor. My experience is if you dont have the money to spend on a mid to higher end call, then its better to use your money towards mouth calls. Good luck.

J
jerr1939
I was looking yesterday at Sportsman Wholesale in Salem at the Johnny Stewart PT-2 for $40, got 5-6 calls on it with speaker and remote that suppose to work up to 50 yards. Do you think this would be a waste of money? Thanks for info,,,,Jerr

R
RunWithSasquatch
I dont have personal experience with that call, so I can't say. But I do recomend picking up a few mouth calls as back up. You will have to try it out. If you're hunting western Oregon it can be rough hunting. Personally my partners and I dont spend more than 20 minutes on a set, and always make sure to park the truck out of site, and usually walk a long distance in to where we call.

J
jerr1939
Think I might try the PT-2 and get some mouth ones too. Would not be first $40 I flipped away. Getting to be quite a few yotes in valley here now, getting permission to hunt
might be another problem tho. Want to try at Buck Springs in spring (little cold for this ol man now) North of Riley. Jerr