EE Wilson...just confirmed STOCKED!

troutdude
troutdude
Go out and hit it gang...I just called the ODFW confirmation line. As of 4:30 yesterday (Tuesday 4/20), it was just stocked!

Admin
Admin
:yay:

troutdude
troutdude
Had a hunch, that you might enjoy that news my friend! Enjoy!!!

Admin
Admin
You bet I will. :D

R
rainbowfisherman
Theres a fishing pond, its stocked with brook trout and rainbows and also has bluegill

Reactions: OnTheFly
troutdude
troutdude
Often in the Spring. Check the ODFW stocking schedule online.

BTW, don't go out there on June 5th. It will be completely overrun by 750 kids and their parents for Youth Outdoor Day.

M
Mike123
troutdude said:
Often in the Spring. Check the ODFW stocking schedule online.

BTW, don't go out there on June 5th. It will be completely overrun by 750 kids and their parents for Youth Outdoor Day.

It seems like everytime I go there it's June 5th.. lol. That place get's some CROWDS! Last year it was soo damn muddy no one could hardly stand near the pond casue they kept falling in! haha. It'd be cool if they'd plant some bushes and grass along the edge like it used to be.

troutdude
troutdude
Bobber's and Power Eggs, Kastmasters, or Leeches/Woolly Bugger fly patterns all work well out there.

It may be too weedy to fish bait off the bottom.

And yes, it does get crowded. But, no where near what happens out there on June 5th!

F
flyfisherman4
thanks for all the information guys i migh head out tomorrow so what pond is the best?

H
hick
There's only one stocked lake/pond there.....

park at the marked angling lot, follow the road back in, take a left at the tee, take the well traveled path to your right, and you're there.........the stocked lake is the upper body of water.

i've shore crashed most of the south bank of the lower pond for bass but without much luck.......

Good Luck!

troutdude
troutdude
Glad to see that you like OFF...me too!

You will know that you have arrived at the correct pond, when you see a Concrete water outlet gizmo stick up and out of the water on the south end. That gizmo will be to your right as you come up a slight incline to the pond.

Try black woolly buggers or leeches if you fly fish. If you spin fish, try Kastmasters or a Bobber and Power Eggs.

K
kaitlin
One of my girlfriends and I are trying to pick up fishing. We went out to EE Wilson today, and didn't have much luck. On the way out we got a tip about using Kast Master.. that the fish like it.
Any tips for a beginner at this pond?

K
kaitlin
Ah, i just read the ones you gave flyfisherman! wonderful :)

B
bigsteel
welcome to the forum kaitlin

troutdude
troutdude
Welcome to OFF Kaitlin.

A bobber and Power Eggs (similar to Power Bait) work well, when the fish are biting. Try Green, Chartruese, or Orange power eggs. Two eggs on a size 8 or size 6 egg hook. And, you will want a split shot (weight) between the bobber and the eggs (bait). Otherwise the eggs float to the surface and do no good.

The Kastmaster will also work out there too. I once caught a nice 17" Brook Trout w/ a Kastmaster. Just cast it out and reel it back in. And vary the speed from time to time.

EE Wilson, can either be VERY good--or no one is catching anything. But, if you happen to be there when the fish are biting you will do well with either method.

Good luck!