EE Wilson bait/tackle??

F

Fishin' Momma

I'm looking to take my 3-yr old and 4-yr old daughters fishing soon and see that this pond is stocked quite nicely. This would be our first fishing experience....other than the Sportsman's Expo....and am hoping to make it memorable for them (ie. lots of fish caught, maybe even a big one). Any recommendations about where to go and what to use?

Thanks!

Raincatcher

Raincatcher

Less than 50 feet from the Santiam River! :)
Good for you!

Good for you!

I'm looking to take my 3-yr old and 4-yr old daughters fishing soon and see that this pond is stocked quite nicely. This would be our first fishing experience....other than the Sportsman's Expo....and am hoping to make it memorable for them (ie. lots of fish caught, maybe even a big one). Any recommendations about where to go and what to use?

Thanks!

Fishin' Momma;
Welcome to a very family friendly fishing forum. You will find hundreds of friendly,helpful fisher folk just waiting to answer your questions. Good for you for introducing your girls to a wonderful sport! That is how family traditions thrive.
I haven't ventured to EE Wilson,yet. But check out a really informative site with park by park or river or lake and reservoir information. Click on the 'Rivers and Lakes' heading and you should find a bunch. Unfortunately,there is no list for some of the in town type family places.
Boat Escape; Ultimate Oregon Boating, Camping, Fishing Resource Come back and let us know how you and your girls do. We love family fishing pictures!
Be safe.
Barb

C

Combat Chuck

Its getting weedy but is still crammed with fish. Powerbait waaaayyyy out in the middle seems to do best. It gets busy on weekend mornings so the best time may be afternoon/evenings or weekdays. A recent report I heard was that green was working best.

B

Boywhofishes

EE wilson holds a HUGE population of bluegills, if you use a worm under a bobber for them you'll be catching fish left and reight and all around :D
unless you're looking for trout, then i would try some powerbait, rainbow, chartreuse or orange are the colors that i have found worked there :D

GL and Welcome to OFF
it's always great to see more people getting into this fine sport :D

i hope you guys catch your limit!

C

chris61182

Oh, and with the bluegills you don't have to fish way out in the center of the lake. As a matter of fact they'll hang out pretty close to shore right around the bushes that overhang the water.

A

ArcticAmoeba

I have only fished here once with my little cousin, and he wanted to go BlueGill'n for dinner. So we did. Only caught three or four, 7 or 8 inch trout, but tons of BlueGill. We used fixed floats set at 2-4 feet with worms, and casted very tight to the banks. We kept a bunh of nice ones to make fish, n' chips! They were actually very good quality. Nice and muscle-y! Does it still get pretty weedy as it warms up, or was that just a freak occurance a few Summers ago?

B

bweb

When I went to college at Oregon State, we used to kill trout fly fishing on black leech patterns, size 12 hook.

Top Bottom