EC Today (Friday the 15th)

I
Ideceivefish
Was up there on the creek at 0Dark:30 today. Left at 11:30. Hit a mile of holes from the Hatch down. Not 1 fish seen. It's totally dead. This river is so hit and miss I may not waste my time on it anymore.

Don't waste your time unless the water level goes way up for a few days. Otherwise new fish are not going to move in. There were over 200 monster fish in the pen at the hatch today. That's where there all at.

Last edited:
J
jeffcycles
I didn't see anything there either.

M
metalmania
Ideceivefish said:
Was up there on the creek at 0Dark:30 today. Left at 11:30. Hit a mile of holes from the Hatch down. Not 1 fish seen. It's totally dead. This river is so hit and miss I may not waste my time on it anymore.

Don't waste your time unless the water level goes way up for a few days. Otherwise new fish are not going to move in. There were over 200 monster fish in the pen at the hatch today. That's where there all at.

It sounds like you just need to learn that creek better, as I can't imagine there's not a bunch of fish up there. Most people seem to think that a big freshet is needed to bring fish up, but those fish have to come up eventually, regardless of how much rain there's been. I will say that rain does bring fish in, but i'd rather target them in the lower water then the high water. If all you do is wait around for big freshet's you will have a very low catch rate. I think what you need more then high water is more practice;).

I
Ideceivefish
metalmania said:
It sounds like you just need to learn that creek better, as I can't imagine there's not a bunch of fish up there. Most people seem to think that a big freshet is needed to bring fish up, but those fish have to come up eventually, regardless of how much rain there's been. I will say that rain does bring fish in, but i'd rather target them in the lower water then the high water. If all you do is wait around for big freshet's you will have a very low catch rate. I think what you need more then high water is more practice;).

Thanks for the input, but I will have to kindly disagree. There were 15 expert fishermen on that river today and not one of them could buy a fish if their life depended on it. I studied every hole and there were zero fish.

Maybe Tuesday/Wednesday will be better after this rain.

I
Ideceivefish
On another note. I saw a fish with a yarn ball in the side of it's face at the hatchery pen. Was pretty funny.

G
Growbug
That sounds like a classic my dad used to tell me
"if something doesn't work, blame yourself, then, if you are wrong, its a good thing'

After only being there once, I can see that its not an easy fishery. Those fish must be a little tired after being in there a week and seeing a dozen or more anglers a day.

Dont write the creek off yet, when you do land one, all these trips will have been worth while.

M
metalmania
Ideceivefish said:
Thanks for the input, but I will have to kindly disagree. There were 15 expert fishermen on that river today and not one of them could buy a fish if their life depended on it. I studied every hole and there were zero fish.

Maybe Tuesday/Wednesday will be better after this rain.

:lol:And how do you know they were experts? 90% of the people I meet on that creek have little to no idea on how to catch those fish. Aside from myself and a few otheres I rarely see anyone consistantly walking out with fish. There are fish in there now, and there will be for quite some time:D.

I
Ideceivefish
Growbug said:
Dont write the creek off yet, when you do land one, all these trips will have been worth while.

I got one on Jan 4th. 2nd cast. Been dead for me the last 3 trips. I am using the same thing everyone else is using that are walking out with fish daily.

C
Cracker
metalmania said:
:lol:And how do you know they were experts? 90% of the people I meet on that creek have little to no idea on how to catch those fish. Aside from myself and a few otheres I rarely see anyone consistantly walking out with fish. There are fish in there now, and there will be for quite some time:D.

What part of the creek do you typically fish? I have been at the Eagle fern park area fishing and have been skunked the last few times. Using spinners and jigs.

M
metalmania
Cracker said:
What part of the creek do you typically fish? I have been at the Eagle fern park area fishing and have been skunked the last few times. Using spinners and jigs.

Wherever the fewest number of people are:D.