EC bloody chrome

M
metalmania
Hit eagle creek today at the butt crack of dawn for some silver action. I started out throwing eggs in the dark, but I kept gettin tangled in a damn tree since i couldn't hardly see anything. So after almost an hour of casting and either getting snagged or tangled up the sun finally showed, and the madness began. A few casts after switching up my gear and a big bruiser buck decided to take hold:D. After 5 minutes of back and forth line peeling and a couple insane jumps he ran right into the branches of a fallen tree and after a minute or so came unbuttoned:mad:. At this point i'm so pi**ed I can't see straight, so I took a brake from fishing crossed the creek and ripped off the branches he got tangled in. Next cast and it's fish on again. After a quick fight a little hen came in and got the shampoo:D. The next cast and fish on again:dance:, but after a few headshakes he was gone. About 20 minutes latter and a nice fat chrome hen decides she want's to play to. She ended up running right back to where the first big buck did, but luckily I had gotten rid of the branches so she didn't get tangled and was able to land her. The next fish came in arse first so the line was cut and he wen't on his way. After that I lost one more at the bank due to a bent hook that I forgot to switch out and decided to call it quits. Hopefully the rain comes soon and it'll get even better:pray:. Good luck to you all.
 
T
Troutier Bassier
Clackamas?
Nice fish!
 
M
metalmania
M
Mike123
Very nice fish! Wait was the choice bait/lure? Or those bite the eggs?
Can't wait till next weekend!
 
M
metalmania
Mike123 said:
Very nice fish! Wait was the choice bait/lure? Or those bite the eggs?
Can't wait till next weekend!

I used black yarnballs and little crappy looking black flies I tied up, all on no.4 owners:D.
 
M
Mike123
metalmania said:
I used black yarnballs and little crappy looking black flies I tied up, all on no.4 owners:D.

So black is the color huh!?
Think they would chase a black #3 spinner?
 
J
jadedbat
Good work! It's always worth it to hit it that early.! The fish appreciate it.
 
T
tnffishman
where were you fishing? the mouth?
 
M
metalmania
tnffishman said:
where were you fishing? the mouth?

I was on private land.

Mike, black is definitely the color of choice. I did hook one last night on a red egg melted to a no.4 owner. I'd stick with drifting small stuff, those spinners will just spook em.
 
F
Fishtopher
Good catch! That yer shampooer there between the fish?:lol:
 
Y
youngbuck307
Nice to see you were able to get out sam!!! I know you been working a lot. and havent been able to fish much bet it felt nice to get up there and hook up on some fish.... but i see there is no longer 3 fish up at your property lol
 
M
metalmania
youngbuck307 said:
Nice to see you were able to get out sam!!! I know you been working a lot. and havent been able to fish much bet it felt nice to get up there and hook up on some fish.... but i see there is no longer 3 fish up at your property lol

Aw man i've been dreaming of this for months:lol:. Those 3 fish are still there, but a few of there friends stacked up below them.
 
M
metalmania
Fishtopher said:
Good catch! That yer shampooer there between the fish?:lol:

Yep that would be my new fish bat. It ain't pretty but it gets the job done:D.
 
A
adambomb
Nice work! I didn't have as much luck there as you and osmosis today, but he made a believer out of me. All you really need to catch salmon is hook, lead and yarn! I also have a better understanding of why so many guys resort to snaggin. I was standing on that log looking straight down on a dozen or more fish, that would not bite! Oh, by the way thanks for breaking OFF those limbs for us:clap:
 
M
metalmania
adambomb said:
Nice work! I didn't have as much luck there as you and osmosis today, but he made a believer out of me. All you really need to catch salmon is hook, lead and yarn! I also have a better understanding of why so many guys resort to snaggin. I was standing on that log looking straight down on a dozen or more fish, that would not bite! Oh, by the way thanks for breaking OFF those limbs for us:clap:

Sorry you didn't get one there, but I heard you guys found a few on the clack:D. They don't want to bite cause Alan already sore-lipped all of em:lol:. Hopefully tommorow morning they'll want to play again.
 
O
osmosis
we had several chances but the clack fish stayed in the clack unfortunately! Atleast you didn't scare all of them to death in the EC hole!
 
M
metalmania
osmosis said:
we had several chances but the clack fish stayed in the clack unfortunately! Atleast you didn't scare all of them to death in the EC hole!

Yep I think I did a pretty good job of ruffling there feathers, or a fins. I think me standing on that log flailing my arms tryin to balance myself probably scarred them the most though:lol:. I never realized just how deep that hole is.
 
O
osmosis
HAHAHA, yeah deceivingly deep when it's that crystal clear!
I was commenting on how "someone must have ripped those damn branches off" - Thanks man!!
Got a couple nice little hens outta there today, but between the fish running away from single split shot and the bloody rocks I could tell you had been back...
 
T
Troutcatcher
What coler yarn was giting the fish to bite?
 
O
osmosis
bright pink and chartreuce!!
Really, black is your best bet.
 

Similar threads

jamisonace
Replies
1
Views
537
jamisonace
jamisonace
NKlamerus
Replies
2
Views
383
hobster
hobster
Trout Slayer_7
Replies
7
Views
619
Trout Slayer_7
Trout Slayer_7
Chromatose
Replies
1
Views
331
Irishrover
Irishrover
Top Bottom