Eating carp

C
climbguy
Wife and I went out to Lacamas lake on Saturday. She caught two: a smaller one I didn't weigh and a 7 pound one. I got skunked. Lots of spawning activity in the shallows. Tried a cornbread type coating this time. Came out ok, I'll need to tweak it a bit. Too much corn flour and not enough spices and corn meal.
The meat on the smaller one was very white, more so than the bigger one (not counting the obvious red meat parts on both). I bled both of them.

C
climbguy
Wife and I went out to Lake River yesterday. We caught three. Let one go as it looked a bit small. I didn't end up weighing them, guessing 5-6 lbs. I got 1lb of meat from them. They cooked up just fine even thought the water clarity in Lake River isn't great. I'm convinced the muddy taste was from the algae bloom for the one I caught late in the season last year. They were pretty adept at stealing the corn from our hooks. I was using a #6 and the wife was using a #8 hook. We caught one each then after a number of hours of losing our bait, I switched to a hair rig and caught another one.