Eastern Oregon rod builder

troutdude
troutdude
Hey guys,

Have any of you "done buisness" with a rod builder named Ryan Cook, in Prairie City; and bought any custom rods from him?

If so, how would you rate:

his customer service?
his turn around time?
his pricing?
his final product? [i.e. how did you like your rod(s)]
his shipping prices?

Any information you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Chromatose
Chromatose
Why not ask him for references?

troutdude
troutdude
Chromatose said:
Why not ask him for references?

That's sort of what I was attempting to do here. But asking direct is also a good idea. Thanks Chromie. :)

Chromatose
Chromatose
troutdude said:
That's sort of what I was attempting to do here. But asking direct is also a good idea. Thanks Chromie. :)

OFF is also a great place to ask as well. thumbs_up.png

S
stream2.5
i grew up 13miles west of ryan in John Day he does good work.

but its been a while since i saw his products as the last time i was there was last july, but his gear is for custom work is up to par.

obviously price starts with the blank you choose to build, so depending on that aspect.... his price is fair for his field.

if you find after talking and looking at his product you find it doesn't match your style you want, chuck burley in bend or also does custom rods

Last edited:
troutdude
troutdude
stream2.5 said:
i grew up 13miles west of ryan in John Day he does good work.

but its been a while since i saw his products as the last time i was there was last july, but his gear is for custom work is up to par.

obviously price starts with the blank you choose to build, so depending on that aspect.... his price is fair for his field.

if you find after talking and looking at his product you find it doesn't match your style you want, chuck burley in bend or also does custom rods

Howdy Stream2.5,

Thanks for the information. I have been in touch w/ Ryan and you are right; his pricing isn't bad at all. And, more good news...he actually now lives in Cottage Grove and is only about 1.5 hours away from me. So, I can drive down sometime and visit his shop. It will be a MUCH shorter trip than from Corvallis to Prairie City (5.5 hours)!:clap:

Thanks again for your reply.

Happy trails,

TD

S
stream2.5
5.5 hrs..... only if the santiam is motorhome ridden.... and moving 25 mph..... my fastest time was 4 hrs 26 min to pinecreek about 4 miles from pc... but grants pass is a lot closer

troutdude
troutdude
stream2.5 said:
5.5 hrs..... only if the santiam is motorhome ridden.... and moving 25 mph..... my fastest time was 4 hrs 26 min to pinecreek about 4 miles from pc... but grants pass is a lot closer

I mapquested it, from Corvallis to PC, and mapquest said 5.5 hours. So, that's all I have to go by. I've never been out that way. Suffice it to say, that I'd much prefer an hour and a half to Cottage Grove!;)

S
stream2.5
troutdude said:
I mapquested it, from Corvallis to PC, and mapquest said 5.5 hours. So, that's all I have to go by. I've never been out that way. Suffice it to say, that I'd much prefer an hour and a half to Cottage Grove!;)

definatly!!!