East and Paulina lake's

T
travis_lightner
Me and a buddy went up to east lake last weekend to reel in a record brown. We did not make it. Launched the boat arund 6:30am and trolled from the dock heading southish. I started with a rapala, Rainbow color and switched to black\silver , and a worm on pole #2. My buddy swears by the Buzz bomb And well he did pretty good. We caught a few small ones but nothing keepable.On the north side of the lake by a rock wall there were thousands of chubs 8-10" lolng and we played there with them chasing are lures around. Then we headed to paulina and caught a mess of fish using the same methods at east lake. went to the hot springs jumped in and back for the big browns. at paulina we mainly caught salmon. It was a very fun day and afternoon.

Last edited by a moderator:
W
waco
That sound like a lot of fun!!!!! what a nice pictures!! i bet you guys have a great day!!! way to go man!!

T
Thuggin4Life
Well that record brown will be there next time. Looks like you guys had fun though.

I
Ifishforfood
nice lookin fish! kokanee as well as german browns are tasty!

L
Left Bank
Cool pics and sounds like you both had a great day.

R
Rusty Stern
Awesome!

Was supposed to go over there for vaca soon, but had to switch to Loon Lake up in the big W. Hopefully we will have as much fun as you did at Paulina!

J
JeepsAreBuilt
Nice pics ! I was thinking of going to those lakes this summer for some vacation.. but was wondering how the fishing is late in the summer. How about the mercury levels in the fish from that lake ? I was reading the regs book and those lakes had very high warnings.

F
FishFinger
Love those lakes, Thanks for the report

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
What a great time! Thanks for sharing and for the pictures.

S
strawberry shortcake
Love those lakes and the trails around them. Been there only once but will go again one of these days. No wonder you guys smoke fish! You sure as heck catch a lot of them!

troutdude
troutdude
Thanks for the GREAT pics. It's been a LONG time since I've been there. I had nearly forgotten how beautiful those lakes are (and the surrounding countryside too).

C
cwsmith
looks like a fun trip!! i may finally make a trip up to east/paulina now. i like the little swimming pool on the bank too!