Eagle today.

T

Troutier Bassier

Hooked 7 on Fly stick. Landed 0. :( Sad day..
Met Cohosanders, and Metalfisher76 (I think it was him...)
Better next week know that I know where the fishes hide. :)

M

Mike123

Fly stick? Is this a term I'm not familiar with?

If I had a 7-0 day, I'd contemplate suicide. :lol: Least you hooked up.

T

Troutier Bassier

Uhh, Rapids. :( One Spit it. The rest got in the rapids and I was using a 6 weight that wasn't mine so I dident want to horse them...

M

Mike123

Uhh, Rapids. :( One Spit it. The rest got in the rapids and I was using a 6 weight that wasn't mine so I dident want to horse them...

OH my... Why couldn't you chase down after 'em? :doh: That would suck.

M

metalfisher76

You have to give chase man. I`ve gone 200 yards on that crick before. But yer right, a 6 is a bit small for where you were standing. Yep, it was my punk arse up`er. Lost mine too. PIGS,BTW.

T

Troutier Bassier

Fly rod was a Piece of Crap that couldent cast.
My friend told me it was a "really nice" Custom Made. I was excited until I saw it...

M

Mike123

So what kinda set up were you using and what flies? :think: I like learning more about what kinda fly setups different people use. I'm tempted to try my 6wt.. but it kinda scares me with that light of rod. I really just need a better reel.

M

metalfisher76

So what kinda set up were you using and what flies? :think: I like learning more about what kinda fly setups different people use. I'm tempted to try my 6wt.. but it kinda scares me with that light of rod. I really just need a better reel.

I have an 8wt 9 footer and I use egg patterns and nymphs, exclusively.:) Not sure who you were askin but there it is.

T

Troutier Bassier

Flyline ---> Swivel ---> 10lb maxima ---> like 5 Pinch wieghts ---> size 4-1 hook with Peach Yarn. Thats what Worked for me today. Held up pretty good. Cast around with it. Look for fish. Dont hook anyone..

F

FishSchooler

Flyline ---> Swivel ---> 10lb maxima ---> like 5 Pinch wieghts ---> size 4-1 hook with Peach Yarn. Thats what Worked for me today. Held up pretty good. Cast around with it. Look for fish. Dont hook anyone..

Flyline-swivel??? Someone explain to me how this works...

M

metalfisher76

Flyline-swivel??? Someone explain to me how this works...

It`s not easy. I fished like that when I was his age too. I was very excited to learn the nail knot. It actually isn`t all that bad, you just can`t reel up past the swivel with a fish on.

M

metalfisher76

That kinda sounds like a professional flossing rig.

Never drifted A??:rolleyes: flossed:rolleyes:
th_fallies09003-4.jpg
I think it`s funny, if they have bait on they are drifting if we have a fly on we`re flossing?? This buck bled out from a terminal hook up, on said floosing:rolleyes: rig.
1162009008.jpg
It`s called drifting! I`ve seen you guys around, yer buddies have videos illustrating the "fastest drift in the west" and nobody said this kinda soup to them. It`s cool, it`s easiest to clown what you don`t know how to do.:clap:

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Mike123

I have an 8wt 9 footer and I use egg patterns and nymphs, exclusively.:) Not sure who you were askin but there it is.

At least you were using flies.. ;):lol: Nah, I've drift fished with a fly rod a couple times though. Works good.

I need a setup like yours!

Last edited:
T

Troutier Bassier

If it was flossing, (Which ive seen people do before) There Hatchery Steelhead. We dont need them to spawn anyways...