Eagle Point/Medford area fishing.

T
the_intimidator03
Going down to eagle point to take my nephew who has never been fishing out. I know there is a pond or a couple at the fairgrounds. Looking for a place that a 8 year old can have a good shot at catching panfish (or trout but im doubting it at the moment) Probably will set him up with a bobber rig. Are all the ponds in the area all weeded up?

T
Throbbit _Shane
The expo ponds at the fairgrounds have lots of pan fish and bank access. In white city there is Agate lake and its full of warm water species and plenty of banks to walk around. If your willing to drive a little further out past butte falls is Medco Pond and its worth the drive imo, lots of fish to be had. My niece and nephew enjoyed fishing out there a lot.

T
the_intimidator03
Thanks Shane, I am just hoping not to show up somewhere and find it weed choked. my main concern is a good time for the nephew.

T
Throbbit _Shane
I dont think they'l be too bad. The expo has 3 ponds so if one is choked out try a different one. If you park in the parking lot you'll see one right there, and its a short walk to the other one. And there is another one behind the Amphitheater, you can park at the gate and its a short walk back to it. Good luck!

T
the_intimidator03
I figured the amphitheatre pond was the main one :p thanks again shane.

R
Rocket
Is there any way to get a boat into the pond by the amphitheater?

T
the_intimidator03
I wasn't able to get close enough as they were setting up for the fair. I think a small boat may work. Pontoon would be better or kayak.

E
eat, sleep, fish
Rocket said:
Is there any way to get a boat into the pond by the amphitheater?

It would have to be small enough to carry for a short distance.