Eagle Creek with GroundnPoundSteelheader!

M
meluvtrout
Saturday, July 10

I have fished with guides before that say they are the best, but all I had in return was the receipt and the nasty smell of skunk. At the end of the day I was sore like hell, had a swollen knee and couldn't even lift my arm up....

but I still had a smile on my face and a fish on the grill :)

Went 2 for 4. The one I released was a huge native, and 2 that kicked my butt!

I highly recommend Damon who'd like to take a guided trip and learn the in and outs of Steelhead and Salmon fishing. I know I'll go again... Thanks again Damon!

it was good seeing some Off'ers(BigDog and Youngbuck) out there too... :D

Last edited:
E
eggs
Wtf ever Damon don't know crap.. snagger/flosser... I would never fish with him! Hahah

Nice job guys way to get em!

N
ninja2010
congrats, ali... good to see ya getting into feeeshies.

M
meluvtrout
ninja2010 said:
congrats, ali... good to see ya getting into feeeshies.

What are you doing next Saturday?

N
ninja2010
heading down to the OFF event at salem/albany to fish the santiam with a bunch of OFFers... want to come?

B
bigsteel
way to go meluvtrout,,,,,,,,,,,,ive been with damon several times now and he is the steelhead\salmon KING.......he is very top notch and great to fish with.............

M
meluvtrout
ninja2010 said:
heading down to the OFF event at salem/albany to fish the santiam with a bunch of OFFers... want to come?

Sounds like fun! Let me think about it :)

N
ninja2010
meluvtrout said:
Sounds like fun! Let me think about it :)

it'll be great to have another fly guy...

F
fishy4
truly amazing! congrats on some sweet action! i am going up there this weekend hope i can do that well. way to go!

B
bigdog
meluvtrout said:
it was good seeing some Off'ers(BigDog and Youngbuck) out there too.

Was good to see you out there to Ali been a while. Glad to see you got in to some fish. Yeah he is a good guy to fish with and knows a good amount about the fishery.

M
metalfisher76
Dad`s "Demon Nymph" caught springer from that day!
7102010005.jpg
:shock: I like that people think chinook don`t hit flies!:lol: Crack me up! What do they think they ate when they were smolts???:lol::lol: I guess they come to that conclusion swingin big flies in big water, that is rare, this pic is not! Try lighter (NOT LONGER! eggs:D) leader and some small flies on weary fish. Dropper jigs with a fly attached is a killer way for a gearhead;) to get a fly to fish in those bigger holes.

I just noticed/remembered how wet that fish got me!!!! He didn`t like my ugly arse at all!!

Last edited:
L
lilsalmon
Good job meluvtrout!!!! Was just out with him the other day and only played with my first salmon but that was great...thanks Damon. Definitely knows what he is doing and awesome to hang out with also....makes for a great day of fishing....

M
metalfisher76
Hey thanx for the kind words guys!
mayhem2010014.jpg
Rose and son!:D

E
eggs
WAIT WAIT HOLD UP A SECOND! My 8' 8lb leader is too long??? Floating line is very visable to fish.

B
bigsteel
so is your roll cast:lol::lol::lol::lol:

E
eggs
your a dead man....

M
metalfisher76
eggs said:
WAIT WAIT HOLD UP A SECOND! My 8' 8lb leader is too long??? Floating line is very visable to fish.

That was simply a stab back bro. You mentioned a couple nasty words in yer first reply. I use lead/split shot (with 20"-30" of leader below, mainline is from lead to fly line) on my rod so it`s a tiny bit different than what yer doin. You gonna call me before the fish are too dark to care?

E
eggs
:D those word were purely joking(ifish thread reference) haha

want to fish this afternoon?

M
metalfisher76
That`s what I figured:lol:. I would but I have an order of flies to finish up today. Plus I`m stuck, no car. Get a hold of me though! I`m gonna try to be there Saturday, so we could plan somethin then too.