Eagle Creek garbage

F
FishAssassin
The wife and I picked up about 30 pounds of garbage today on Eagle Creek. I decided to leave the fishing gear at home this time and just focus on picking up garbage. Please if you pack it in, pack it out! I did not hit every hole just the ones I ended up at. By the time I left the 30 gallon garbage bag I had was full. Please respect our local streams and pick up after yourself.

F
FishAssassin
Now I am hoping my good deed will pay off with even more chrome this year! :clap:

I
Ideceivefish
Thank you. You are a rare kind.

F
FishAssassin
Thanks. It was harder than you would think. Going to the river without my fishing pole was tough. I can't wait to get out and do some fishing now. Looking at the water without my pole was like holding candy in front of a kids face without giving it to him.:(

H
halibuthitman
you apparently are not just a fisherman.... but a river keeper, we need more river keepers, and less fishemen:clap:

O
OnTheDrop
FishAssassin said:
The wife and I picked up about 30 pounds of garbage today on Eagle Creek. I decided to leave the fishing gear at home this time and just focus on picking up garbage. Please if you pack it in, pack it out! I did not hit every hole just the ones I ended up at. By the time I left the 30 gallon garbage bag I had was full. Please respect our local streams and pick up after yourself.

The fish gods are going to spoil you very well soon, VERY WELL.. Alls i can say is watch out:D:D:D

F
FishAssassin
halibuthitman said:
you apparently are not just a fisherman.... but a river keeper, we need more river keepers, and less fishemen:clap:

Actually I am just a fisherman, however I am a fisherman that can appreciate the joy that these rivers and fish give to me personally and I decided it was now time to start giving back the joy to the rivers and these fish.

As I get older I feel like I need to give something back to the rivers for all the things that they have given to me.

H
halibuthitman
FishAssassin said:
Actually I am just a fisherman, however I am a fisherman that can appreciate the joy that these rivers and fish give to me personally and I decided it was now time to start giving back the joy to the rivers and these fish.

As I get older I feel like I need to give something back to the rivers for all the things that they have given to me.

and thats exactly what makes you a river keeper;) it would be a better lesson for a kid to watch you pick up anothers trash, than catch a fish.
keep on truckin-:cool:

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Good job!

Good job!

FishAssassin said:

Thank you and your wife! :clap: There is always enough to fill a bag nowadays. Thanks again.

M
metalfisher76
FishAssassin said:

Good to meet ya bud!:D THANK YOU!!:D

F
FishAssassin
metalfisher76 said:
Good to meet ya bud!:D THANK YOU!!:D

It was nice to meet you too! Good job on the fish.

S
stonesworth
COOL DEAL ..AND TY.. My lady and I when we go out always grab at least a small bag of trash she does not fish as much when we go out and sticks to walking the bank getting trash LOTS of line and sometimes some good gear and lead..We walked the lower park after coho and walked out with 10 new blue fox spinners few hun corkies of all colors and about 5 gal bucket full of line snags from the water..They should put the line drops at every well used park where people fish there is only a few that I know of.....Again ty for your good deed the fish gods will shine on you..

S
stonesworth
Ya when the water is low we get our waders on and hit a lot of the places that get hit hard and you can come out of the water with a lot of great gear,line,trash.. We had a can drive to help a non profit animal place and made 40$ or more just from hitting the local water hang outs/ fishing holes picking cans out of the water and off shore. If they put trash cans at these places a lot more would end up in the trash not the river..But they dont.....

C
Cohosanders
Yeah I kept saying when I catch a fish I will pick up some trash...trouble with that was I spent all my time trying to catch fish and at the end of the day with no fish I did not even bother picking up trash.:( The first steelie I caught @ eagle creek I picked up some trash finally!!!! I am always scavenging lures/leaders/etc. so in a way that is cleaning up. I just need to bring an extra back pack and definitely dedicate a couple of days to strictly trash pick up. That is a lot of hiking with 30 lbs of trash. Good job to you and your wife:clap:

F
Flymstr
Meeting

Meeting

FishAssassin said:
It was nice to meet you too! Good job on the fish.

Great to meet you, and great job on the trash. I know I fish this place sometimes, and it is nice to know that there are those of us that do pick up and try to keep it nice down there. Thanks again bro.

Flymstr;:cool:

T
Thuggin4Life
Don't fish there or ever will but that is too cool man. You a a true outdoors man and should get some good karma but I doubt you did it for the karma. What will suck is when you take your rod out to the water and you get to a hole you cleaned up and some ******* has trashed the place.

F
FishAssassin
Cohosanders said:
Yeah I kept saying when I catch a fish I will pick up some trash...trouble with that was I spent all my time trying to catch fish and at the end of the day with no fish I did not even bother picking up trash.:( The first steelie I caught @ eagle creek I picked up some trash finally!!!! I am always scavenging lures/leaders/etc. so in a way that is cleaning up. I just need to bring an extra back pack and definitely dedicate a couple of days to strictly trash pick up. That is a lot of hiking with 30 lbs of trash. Good job to you and your wife:clap:

Yes it was hard my right arm is actually sore today from carrying the bag of trash. It was also hard getting up some of those steep trails with it. But the creek definitely needed it. And I look forward to fishing it soon but this time I am going to be putting chrome in my garbage bag instead! :dance:

F
FishAssassin
Flymstr said:
Great to meet you, and great job on the trash. I know I fish this place sometimes, and it is nice to know that there are those of us that do pick up and try to keep it nice down there. Thanks again bro.

Flymstr;:cool:

It was nice to meet you as well Flymstr. By the way I enjoy checking out your website from time to time. Good job!

J
justNorthofya
way to go...maybe we could do something as a group...I'm in

S
Scowboy
I had piled up a huge wad to take with me last week, was going to catch it on the way back up creek, but it got a tad to close to dusk so I didn't want to divert down. I am sure the orig poster got it. I too was suprised how much was there. I pulled several jigs and spinners out of the trees in easy reach. I don't like the line wads, they are terrible but wtf with the cans and glass? I am guilty of a paper wrapper, scrap of cellophane here and there but just dropping cans and bottles is something you overlook. Too bad the law wouldn't print the cans and send letters to the jacksons leaving them!