Eagle Creek, Clackamas?

T
Troutier Bassier
I've never been to the crick on the Clackamas. are People catching them there? On Drift gear Right? How far up the Crick are they?

O
osmosis
go check it out for yourself, there are fish everywhere right now.. Expect to have to hike to find a spot with fish that arent being harrassed..

T
Troutier Bassier
So its worth my Time and Effort? I have Basic drift gear, Im using the same rig Matthew C uses. So Ill probally have a good chance if he can do it.

Do I fish at Bonnie Lure?

B
Bohemian
Troutier Bassier said:
So its worth my Time and Effort?
Do I fish at Bonnie Lure?

The hundreds of other fisherman there can't all be wrong :lol:

O
osmosis
Matthew C is a good fisherman, Don't think for one second that "if he can do it anyone can do it". I fish with the guy and he holds his own on the river every time.

Fish where you want to fish, expect lots of dumb crap to go on. I will say - don't expect to find many edible fish. most of them are dark red and black and are about ready to die.

F
FishKiller23
Went to eagle creek just to scout... Nothing but dark fish from bonnie lure down.

B
bigdog
Yeah that creek is full of some dark fish thats for sure there are a lot of them but nothing worth keeping.

As far as seeing some dum stuff yeah thats there to anything from people waiting for a line bump to people force feeding them in the log jams. But hey to each there own I guess.

T
tnffishman
yeah I was there today and hooked a bunch, landed a few, none worth keeping. My dad got a hen that was smokable, but the fish are pretty sad lookin' :(

Y
youngbuck307
thought that was your rig next to my car CJ!!! alex must of missed you i was there all day. worked that whole damb thing and only seen one fish i would of keep and of course it was the one i couldnt hook lol.... going back to the sand lol

F
FishKiller23
youngbuck307 said:
thought that was your rig next to my car CJ!!! alex must of missed you i was there all day. worked that whole damb thing and only seen one fish i would of keep and of course it was the one i couldnt hook lol.... going back to the sand lol

hmm? Me and bigdog was there together I looked for your car I didn't see it?? But yea we headed towards the mouth and so a few pods but none worth keepin.

T
Troutier Bassier
Osmosis, I understand what you mean. ;)

BigDog, Dark Fish huh.... Better go to Sandy then.... Good thing I dident go. My friend called and said He got lost on the way There. :rolleyes:
I guess its Big Creek then Sandy next weekend.

M
metalmania
Here's some pics of what ec's fish look like. The hens are all scabbed up with singled out eggs and the bucks are red, black and rotting( ya that buck in the pic is still alive:lol:). Didn't land one fish worth bonking nor did I see any I would wack:(. Fun little c&r trip though.

B
bigdog
Yeah thats what they looked like yesterday when we went to scout it out after the rain. Saw a mess load of them moving in from the mouth but not a one was worth keep.

M
metalmania
bigdog said:
Yeah thats what they looked like yesterday when we went to scout it out after the rain. Saw a mess load of them moving in from the mouth but not a one was worth keep.

There were hundreds on the move today, down low and up high, but there's not much in there worth bonking.

T
Troutier Bassier
I probally am going there today after School. :dance: I heard there was fish in it, Wish me luck.

M
metalmania
Troutier Bassier said:
I probally am going there today after School. :dance: I heard there was fish in it, Wish me luck.

I've landed a lot in the last week, but only three got bonked and that was for there eggs. it's a boot fest out there:(.

B
bigdog
Troutier Bassier said:

Don't waist your time on EC if your looking for fish to eat.

M
Markcanby
I was by there yesterday what a sad sight. There is one more reason I can see to fish EC to collect all teh tack from the backs of the fish.:rolleyes: I walk across the bridge an look teh place over since I have not been there when there were fish. I did get to see an guy catch one man it was dark.
He released it then turned around an did a face plant in about 6" of water. Poor guy thought he broke his arm.

B
bigdog
Markcanby said:
I was by there yesterday what a sad sight. There is one more reason I can see to fish EC to collect all teh tack from the backs of the fish.:rolleyes: I walk across the bridge an look teh place over since I have not been there when there were fish. I did get to see an guy catch one man it was dark.
He released it then turned around an did a face plant in about 6" of water. Poor guy thought he broke his arm.

Yeah the being black isn't the only color they have, they start looking like rainbows about this time. Just think even if the fish you land isn't a keeper you still get some tackle.

F
Fishtopher
i was up in there below the hatchery a bit yesterday and had some fun, nothing in there id keep thats for sure!