Eagle Creek 12/28

O
OnTheDrop
I fished by the hatchery today and had no luck.. heard it was doing pretty good tho?
Wheres the fish at?
And what the hell are they biting?
Thanks, Good luck to all!

M
metalfisher76
SteelmonKiller20 said:
I fished by the hatchery today and had no luck.. heard it was doing pretty good tho?
Wheres the fish at?
And what the hell are they biting?
Thanks, Good luck to all!

Egg patterns and they are in a different hole everyday this early on. Unless it gets waaaay low.

I
Ideceivefish
Hey! I was there too. I saw a couple guys just below the ladder. There was blood all over the place after they left and I moved into their spot. They def got something. I hit every money hole today and didn't get a thing.

M
metalmania
Ideceivefish said:
Hey! I was there too. I saw a couple guys just below the ladder. There was blood all over the place after they left and I moved into their spot. They def got something. I hit every money hole today and didn't get a thing.

Make sure you don't fish above the deadline down there. It would be a hefty fine if your caught fishing right below a fish ladder.

M
metalfisher76
Ideceivefish said:

I`m not sure you were at the hatchery bud. But if you were right below any ladder you were above a deadline.

I
Ideceivefish
I was up there too as in near you. Not at the hatchery. I was below the ladder and above it for a while. I never got as far as the hatch. Nothing up there yet.

I stayed below the deadline at the ladder - It's like 200ft.

T
tnffishman
Ideceivefish said:
I was up there too as in near you. Not at the hatchery. I was below the ladder and above it for a while. I never got as far as the hatch. Nothing up there yet.

im pretty sure theres fish up there now;)

M
metalfisher76
Ideceivefish said:

Yep, nothin up `er yet. That`s what I like to hear!:cool: There is a sign on a tree, on the opposite side of the bank, that`s the deadline. :) I don`t think "it`s like 200ft" is gonna fly if your above that. I`m not sayin you were, it`s just that the cop will be there. I wish ya good luck.

I
Ideceivefish
I guess that means you hooked up. :)

Last edited:
M
metalmania
The creek is full of fish, high and low:D.

I
Ideceivefish
I think I am cursed then. I fished that river for 6 straight hours yesterday. Used everything up my sleeve and not one fish. I am cursed!!!

I am about to offer someone $100 cash and I will drive if they get me into a Steelhead.

M
metalmania
Ideceivefish said:
I think I am cursed then. I fished that river for 6 straight hours yesterday. Used everything up my sleeve and not one fish. I am cursed!!!

I am about to offer someone $100 cash and I will drive if they get me into a Steelhead.

Your not cursed man, it just takes some time to figured out how to catch them. Keep at it and you'll find em:D.

I
Ideceivefish
I'v been fishing Steel for 15 years. I moved from Seattle to Oregon recently and have no faith in the Steel here yet. I know places in Washington that you can catch Steel on every single cast. Oregon Steel are the most finicky fish I have ever tried to catch in my life.