Eagle Creek 11/4

A

adambomb

Kodiak, Autofisher and myself fished upper EC today. We found several fish in each hole, most of them were pretty dark, but we did see a couple that would have made it to the table. I landed the first fish of the day, and my first fish ever traditionally drifting! Autofisher had one on while I was fighting the first fish, and no sooner than I yelled "doubles!" he lost his. Kodiaks son, caught the biggest fish of the day, a 13lb buck. The first pic is my fish, and the other two are just beautiful:D

Last edited by a moderator:
A

autofisher

The kid's face says it all. He about crapped himself with that one. Thanks again for the day on the water Adam. It was a good time, even if the hike out almost killed me...................................... a couple of times. And yeah, I know..... Wading boots. :lol:

A

adambomb

It was my first trip to the upper portion of EC, and next time I'll be sure to bring some water, because Kodiak failed to mention the part about hiking 3 or 4 miles:shock: Just kiddin Kodiak, like they taught me in scouts, "Always be prepared" We even got to watch a hungry summer steely shadow a hen just waiting for some eggs to fall out.

A

autofisher

My first trip up there too. Aside from almost biffing it repeatedly going up and down the hills, being over insulated (thought it was gonna be a lot colder) and trying new stuff out......It was a blast. We even watched as a coho hen chased some purple Pop-A-Top yarn and strike at it. In Adam's defense, it's hard to set a hook when you're standing 30 feet above the water on a cliff......... What the heck would you have done if you HAD hooked it?

A

adambomb

My first trip up there too. Aside from almost biffing it repeatedly going up and down the hills, being over insulated (thought it was gonna be a lot colder) and trying new stuff out......It was a blast. We even watched as a coho hen chased some purple Pop-A-Top yarn and strike at it. In Adam's defense, it's hard to set a hook when you're standing 30 feet above the water on a cliff......... What the heck would you have done if you HAD hooked it?

I was gonna crank up the drag and try to winch her up, even if she broke off on the way up the fall would not have hurt her;)

A

autofisher

Looks like a good day of C&R wish I could have been there. Nice work guys.

I think the next time we should hire either pack mules or circus midgets to haul our stuff in and out. Any volunteers?

Y

youngbuck307

how high up were you guys i was up there today too with my brother he hooked and landed his first fish today!!! been handing off to him but now he knows he can do it own his own and gots the bug lol.

A

adambomb

how high up were you guys i was up there today too with my brother he hooked and landed his first fish today!!! been handing off to him but now he knows he can do it own his own and gots the bug lol.

we started at the cliff hole and worked our way down about half a mile below the log hole.

Raincatcher

Raincatcher

Less than 50 feet from the Santiam River! :)
Fish haulers for rent...

Fish haulers for rent...

I think the next time we should hire either pack mules or circus midgets to haul our stuff in and out. Any volunteers?

Looks like the "midget" was busy. :D I could loan Cricket and Bear to you guys next time...you know,to haul your fish for you...:whistle::whistle: :lol::lol:
Seriously,good job and you know I'm just a jealous ol grumpy granny. ;)

O

OnTheFly

Wow! Looks like Kodiac's son had to really compensate for some serious torque on the other end of that rod! You guys hit it perfect as I can see the creek was in great shape.

Top Bottom