E. E. Wilson rabbit hunting

F
FishinSquatch
I am heading up to E. E. Wilson next week to try my luck at bagging a few rabbits. I have never been hunting there and was hoping if anyone had some tips of what areas of the wildlife refuge I should focus my efforts on? Also I wont have a dog with me so any information or tips on how to approach a hunt like this would be appreciated!

brandon4455
brandon4455
FishinSquatch said:
I am heading up to E. E. Wilson next week to try my luck at bagging a few rabbits. I have never been hunting there and was hoping if anyone had some tips of what areas of the wildlife refuge I should focus my efforts on? Also I wont have a dog with me so any information or tips on how to approach a hunt like this would be appreciated!
Without dogs it is a tough mission. We did it a few times when I was younger, having two people, one walking each side of blackberry rows which is where we had the most success. A lot of the time they will go in and hide and not come out, but sometimes you’ll get lucky and they’ll run all of the way through to the other person.
With dogs, they come out no matter what because the dogs chase them through.

good luck out there.

Reactions: Oregonloved and FishinSquatch
T
TheRealKRabbit
FishinSquatch said:
It's Duck Season!

• Haha
Reactions: troutdude
F
FishinSquatch
brandon4455 said:
Without dogs it is a tough mission. We did it a few times when I was younger, having two people, one walking each side of blackberry rows which is where we had the most success. A lot of the time they will go in and hide and not come out, but sometimes you’ll get lucky and they’ll run all of the way through to the other person.
With dogs, they come out no matter what because the dogs chase them through.

good luck out there.
Thanks for the advice! I'll see if I can enlist the help of a few friends to flush em out. Also would it be better to start my hunt closer to dusk or dawn?

brandon4455
brandon4455
FishinSquatch said:
Thanks for the advice! I'll see if I can enlist the help of a few friends to flush em out. Also would it be better to start my hunt closer to dusk or dawn?
I haven’t hunted rabbits exactly enough to knowwhich is better than the other, but I will say I have a pet rabbit and he is most active early in the morning by a long shot, and that is when we would hunt.
Rabbits are small prey animals, so they are extremely spooky and well adapted to evading predators. Low light in general is preferable

troutdude
troutdude
TheRealKRabbit said:
It's Duck Season!
So far, the funniest reply to this year! LOL