E.E. Wilson 2/5/2011

G
Griz
We went out to the lake today. Its been awhile since I have been to E. E. Wilson and I like the fact you don't have to pick up a day permit at the gate and they cleared all the brush around the lake. We fished for 4 hours today and hooked lots of fish, but only landed 5 of them. We pulled out a lot of weeds and we lost a lot of fish in the weeds today. Had a great time today and it was my first day out for 2011.

I didn't see many fish caught today and nothing big was caught today either.

D
durantmatt
Griz said:
We went out to the lake today. Its been awhile since I have been to E. E. Wilson and I like the fact you don't have to pick up a day permit at the gate and they cleared all the brush around the lake. We fished for 4 hours today and hooked lots of fish, but only landed 5 of them. We pulled out a lot of weeds and we lost a lot of fish in the weeds today. Had a great time today and it was my first day out for 2011.

I didn't see many fish caught today and nothing big was caught today either.

Were you fishing for trout, bass, something else?

G
Griz
Trout

Trout

I was fishing for Trout and believe that is the only kind of fish in that lake.

C
chris61182
Griz said:
I was fishing for Trout and believe that is the only kind of fish in that lake.

At this time of the year, trout are the only kind that are really catchable, but come summer you can have a good time time catching panfish sun-up to sun-down. There are bass in there too, but the big ones have been around long enough that they're not easy to catch, while the younger bass can be caught with ease.

G
Griz
This time of year is the only time you will find me at this lake and I didn't know it had the other fish in it. Thanks Chris.

M
mahmichael
So what were you using as your lure/bait? Worm? power bait?!!
I guess spinners or spoons would have a lot of snags!
Thanks