Ducks lose 19-22

brandon4455

brandon4455

ducks lost a hard fight today after making a last minute touchdown and a 2 point conversion t tie the game, and then auburn made a run after a sunderstanding, they thought the player was down but they ruled it in play so he kept running .very upest about the loss.3 missed calls by the ref. 2 facemask calls and one holding call. me and my drunk dad uncles and our friends were screaming at the top of our lungs everytime ducks made a run or sack or touchdown and got pissed at every missed or bogus call i am left with a scratchy throat and i lost my voice and i enjoyed every moment of the game (beasides the paid off refs making bogus calls or missing them on purpose) still this season was amazing and our ducks made it to the BCS championship and we are pac champs!so lets give them a round of aplause we put up a fight and we will be back stronger next season GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Irishrover

Irishrover

Most Featured
It was one heck of a game and thats what this stuff is a game! I was totally pissed when the Auburn Coach said that "God was on their side". What a line of bull. Less than three day ago several people lost their lives in the state where the game was played, to some mad man and one was a 9 year old girl Christine Taylor Green. The Auburn Coach is missing the point God does not choose who wins a football game. That coach had an opportunity to take a moment and reflect on something more important than a game. My heart goes out to those who lost loved ones, and especially the parents of Christine. The Ducks did play a heck of a game, but that Auburn coach need some perspective. Perhaps he should go to the Child Center Friday where folks will pay there respects to a real hero not some trancient football quarterback!

Last edited:
E

eggs

Man that SEC is overrated.. 5 crystal balls in 5 years against 4 different teams....

B

bigsteel

I was hopin the ducks would pull it out,,the referee helped us in that one play to get the first down,man he litereally set a huge screen on that DB,,but it just wasn't meant to be this year.

troutdude

troutdude

I was a Duck for a day, and enjoyed the game last night. It's a shame that they didn't win...and they COULD have! A team MUST cross the end zone plane to rack up points; and they failed to do so multiple times. So, let's not completely blame the ref's.

I wonder why the Ducks didn't stick to their "run n' gun" plays, that made them undefeated? I think that was a mistake.

<insert deep dark sinister sound voice over here>..."and now, the Control Voice returns you back to your original state as a Beaver fan"...

V

viento

Back when coach K was handing out days off like halloween candy, I figured it would cost them the game, by loosing the edge.
I would have set up a sequestered boot camp, sprints, drills, and iron pumping instead of photo-ops and holiday spreads.
(that 30+ day layoff is a joke, the system is a shambled birdsnest)

They had ample shots at the goal line, but lacked the speed and muscle they might have had if they had prepared more for battle, and less for media glitz.

On a Beaver note, I'm glad Jaquiz Rogers is heading for the NFL. Since his brothers injury, it seems the prudent thing to do on behalf of his family. He may get less money up front, but a second college injury is off the table, and he can still earn
his keep, and have a shot at dazzling fans in coming years. NFL needs more
exciting runners, and less thudbump between the hashmarks.

Go BEAks and DUvers :cool:

Last edited:
B

Bad Tuna

There were no paid off refs, or purposely missed calls. Every single play there are fouls, every single play there are holds, it's part of the game and you can't catch them all so you just flag the obvious. Oregon played better than expected, Auburn had a hard time getting into rhythm. Honestly, I think Oregon gave it their all and was just came up short. No shame in Oregon being #3 in the nation. I believe making excuses, calling the refs crooked etc., just shows why Oregon fans are the most disliked in the PAC-10.

H

halibuthitman

It was one heck of a game and thats what this stuff is a game! I was totally pissed when the Auburn Coach said that "God was on their side". What a line of bull. Less than three day ago several people lost their lives in the state where the game was played, to some mad man and one was a 9 year old girl Christine Taylor Green. The Auburn Coach is missing the point God does not choose who wins a football game. That coach had an opportunity to take a moment and reflect on something more important than a game. My heart goes out to those who lost loved ones, and especially the parents of Christine. The Ducks did play a heck of a game, but that Auburn coach need some perspective. Perhaps he should go to the Child Center Friday where folks will pay there respects to a real hero not some trancient football quarterback!

anyone claiming to have God on their side... obviously has no idea how God works- oh... and everyone knows God loves baseball.... the Yankees are proof of that!;):rolleyes:

B

bigdog

All and all thought it was a good close game, them are the kind of games I like fight to the end.

CJ

T

troutramp

I am not from Oregon and so not much of a duck fan either, but I am a little more a fan after seeing them fight very hard and coming back to tie the game. I was amazed at the fairness of the officiating and the sportsmanship exibited by both teams, of course this was only my unbiased sober opinion.

brandon4455

brandon4455

our QB said a few mental breakdowns for the cause of weakness . so another question, your top three favorite moments in the game. my favorite had to be our comeback toucdown and 2 point conversion to tie the game, second,when cam newton was sacked he tried to toss the ball away and our guy grabbed his arm out of the air and slammed his ass down! i laughed about that forever! third was all the hits ca newton took and he was panting the whole gsa,e funny part is that he had to go for xrays after the game! we slmmed him!!! ahahaha

V

viento

Probably a dozen players from those teams will last in the NFL, with 30 + days to burn, a best of 3 series would surely be
a cash cow! If it goes to game 3, proceeds go to charities.

I noticed our sad-sack local media have not shown the long run by Auburn that set up the field goal, only the kick itself.
Poor decicsion, it was the most important play of the game. Has anyone seen that run shown in the local news, in case I just missed it?
Cheers

B

Bad Tuna

"our guy" is named Casey Mathews, his brother Clay, plays for the Packers. I get the impression you're a bandwagon fan Brandon?

My Favorite part of the game was watching Thomas and James walk off the field shaking their heads in frustration. Oregon just couldn't compete against a team of that size. Fairly should be picked high in the draft. What an animal! I LOVE college football, and I was a Tiger for a day.

N

n8r1

Oregon just couldn't compete against a team of that size.

Interesting your opinion of "not competing." I consider a game that had 5 lead changes and wasn't decided until the final play as an extremely competitive one, but maybe that's just me. I thought that Oregon competed just fine against a great football team.

I was a Tiger for a day.

Kind of ironic that you call Brandon a bandwagon fan and 2 sentences later say this.

N

n8r1

I noticed our sad-sack local media have not shown the long run by Auburn that set up the field goal, only the kick itself.
Poor decicsion, it was the most important play of the game. Has anyone seen that run shown in the local news, in case I just missed it?
Cheers

Here's a replay of that run. Unfortunately, his knee clearly wasn't down. Tough way to end an excellent football game.

YouTube - BCS National Championship Play of the Game: Michael Dyer's Knee Does Not Touch The Ground

B

Bad Tuna

Oregon played well, at their highest level, I think they were lucky Auburn didn't. Oregons lines had their hands full. Those boys are huge and small guys are just no match for them. It will be interesting to see if Oregon gets some big men up front, is not the LSU game will likely end oregons chance to repeat. Yes, I rooted for Auburn for the day, but I'm not a fan of either team. Brandon, and many others around the state refer to the team as "we". Unless they are alumni, contributors or maybe season ticket holders, a team should be refered to as "they". Nothing against Brandon or anyone else. Just an opinion.

troutdude

troutdude

Brandon, and many others around the state refer to the team as "we". Unless they are alumni, contributors or maybe season ticket holders, a team should be refered to as "they". Nothing against Brandon or anyone else. Just an opinion.

While I respect an honest opinion; isn't your statement rather elitist? I grew up VERY close to OSU. I also attended a couple of terms at OSU, but transferred to another school and graduated there (not at OSU). However, I always say "we" when referring to "my" beloved Beavers. Why must I/we be a graduate, contributors, or have season tickets to feel like "we" are a part of the team? That's absurdism at it's peak.

Just my "opinion".

B

Bad Tuna

Elitist? Possibly, but not my intent. A guy was tailgating near our group at the civil war game, he proceded to tell us how Masoli was going to throw 10 touchdowns and rush for more yards than Jacquizz Rodgers! Another guy called John Canzano and asked "why do we (oregon) keep changing colors, black and yellow, can't we just stay black and red?". I guess I find it kinda funny how easily people throw around "we" and "us".

Top Bottom