Duck spots????????

S
STIKTIME
Hey everyone,

I'm just now getting into duck hunting and i was wondering if anyone could help me out with some spots to go that are in close range of Salem. I went duck hunting for the first time yesterday and i have to admit that I'm already addicted to it. My buddies that i went with yesterday can go this next week and I'm thinking about going on Wednesday. If anyone wants to join, let me know!!!!!!!

Thanks to all,
STIKTIME

O
Outdoor_Myers
STIKTIME said:
Hey everyone,

I'm just now getting into duck hunting and i was wondering if anyone could help me out with some spots to go that are in close range of Salem. I went duck hunting for the first time yesterday and i have to admit that I'm already addicted to it. My buddies that i went with yesterday can go this next week and I'm thinking about going on Wednesday. If anyone wants to join, let me know!!!!!!!

Thanks to all,
STIKTIME

Hopefully I will have some good friends from this site this fall to go hunting with. I will be a rookie :( lol so most of the time i will be observing and learning I would like pics and stories of your hunts if you are willing to share along with harvest :)

S
Swamp Puppy
STIK - probably too late to be much help to you this season, but shoot me a PM and let me know what type of hunting you are geared up for. boat? layout blind? dog? etc. maybe i can give you a few pointers that will help ya out.

good luck! it's addicting! :dance:

K
Kodiak
Salem is a tuff area for access. I've got about 7,000 acres of prime private lined up for next year, one I may be leasing next year and cultivating it specifically to draw ducks. Holler at me me and I can show you around some time.

troutdude
troutdude
With a subject line reading "Duck Spots"...I thought that I'd be reading a GOOD U of O joke...RATS...no so!:lol::lol:

<just a stab at a little humor>

Happy hunting!

TD

O
Outdoor_Myers
Kodiak said:
Salem is a tuff area for access. I've got about 7,000 acres of prime private lined up for next year, one I may be leasing next year and cultivating it specifically to draw ducks. Holler at me me and I can show you around some time.

who is this invitation going out to? and what all do you hunt? Im still hoping on meeting up with ya at the fish for the cure. I wont be getting a sports pac this year my gf said next year since money is tight and I dont own any kind of hunting gear :( but it might be nice to go out and learn and watch?...also does this land have any warm water ponds? :D

K
Kodiak
It goes out to anybody that wants a tour. Pretty much hunt everything that moves on air land or water. Before going goose hunting in Oregon spend time with someone who can teach you what you are looking at for a season or two before going solo. ORegon has the most restrictive goose hunting regs in the world....no joke...no warm water ponds..just kewl rivers!

O
Outdoor_Myers
Kodiak said:
It goes out to anybody that wants a tour. Pretty much hunt everything that moves on air land or water. Before going goose hunting in Oregon spend time with someone who can teach you what you are looking at for a season or two before going solo. ORegon has the most restrictive goose hunting regs in the world....no joke...no warm water ponds..just kewl rivers!

Yeah I planned on doing that with goose it seems pretty difficult at times and with my eyes aint as good as they use to be lol. ah I was hoping for some private crappie and bass ponds lol anyhow im only 83 bucks away for my fishing license next year will be sports pac hopefully if I get some orange camo a shotgun rifle and handgun.

K
Kodiak
I'll be more than happy to take you this fall. I've got a loaner 12 ga. and extra camo.....not a worry

T
The Tightest Line
Hey man I'm 33 from South Salem and want to get into it. I've never done it and getting a Shotgun this spring so if I hear anything I'll post it. From what I've heard EE Wilson outside Monmouth or Indy u can I think.

K
Kodiak
The Tightest Line said:
Hey man I'm 33 from South Salem and want to get into it. I've never done it and getting a Shotgun this spring so if I hear anything I'll post it. From what I've heard EE Wilson outside Monmouth or Indy u can I think.

EE wilson is spotty at best., plus the walk to get to good places is less than optimal even with just a half dozen decoys. Willamette greenway areas with some of the sloughs can get hot at times.....Maybe I should put together an off outting for all the local guys interested in getting into waterfowl....you guys down for that?

S
skunk
Kodiak, I'm good for that, let me know when and I'll join. I'm a beginner also.