Dropped like a rock!!

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Holy bat poo! When I checked the temp this morning around 11:30 it was 86 degrees here in Dallas. I just checked again after going outside for a bit (I was surprised at how nice and cool it felt) it is now 68 degrees!! :D Sure wish I was headed to the river with the barometer dropping like a rock the fish is sure to be a bit better,don't you think? :think:

68 degrees!!!

B
beaverfan
I can't wait for some of that cooling to make it my way! Still 89 here, after a high of 92.

T
Throbbit _Shane
High of 95 here today right now its 73. we had tons of hail and rain.

M
mgman6000
This why I love it up here 5 days of 90 degree weather and everyone is freaking out!! I moved up from the high desert of Calif and we would have a month of 100 degree + days!! All the trees and water is so nice after almost 20 years of brown and dust. Do you think the heat might turn off trout in Quartzville creek?

F
FishFinger
Let it rain!!!! Get these fall fish moving up a bit

M
mgman6000
Are they supposed to coming up soon? Do we need higher water? I'm new at salmon fishing and have a lot to learn I still haven't caught one yet!

M
Markcanby
Yes a little rain an they will come by the thousands.

F
FishFinger
10's of thousands........

<*)))>< <*)))>< <*)))>< <*)))>< <*)))>< <*)))>< <*)))>< <*)))>< <*)))>< <*)))>< <*)))>< <*)))>< <*)))>< <*)))>< <*)))><
<*)))>< <*)))>< <*)))>< <*)))>< <*)))>< <*)))>< <*)))>< <*)))>< <*)))>< <*)))>< <*)))>< <*)))>< <*)))>< <*)))>< <*)))><

Troutski
Troutski
Thunder and RAIN in Springfield......

Chuck

Irishrover
Irishrover
Mom nature put on quite a show here in Culver. Temp dropped from 98 to 85, big winds with dark clowds rollining in over the Cascades that included lots of lightning and thunder. Those Cascade Moutains looked like they were trying to hold the weather back but the weather won out! Nice this morning!

L
lilsalmon
Hah....we were at Harpham Flats....guess who is home now? Dang it...our trip got blown out, rained out, lightning and thundered out and it was still 93 when our wet butts headed for home....grrrrrrr...one of us will post later on our trip...we are headin out to fish this morning after we set the tent up to dry out.....

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
lilsalmon said:
Hah....we were at Harpham Flats....guess who is home now? Dang it...our trip got blown out, rained out, lightning and thundered out and it was still 93 when our wet butts headed for home....grrrrrrr...one of us will post later on our trip...we are headin out to fish this morning after we set the tent up to dry out.....

Bummer...glad you're all safe.

H
Hawk
We didn't get any Rain, just a few gusts of wind, cloudy, heard some THunder, then i saw a RAInbow...

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Irishrover
Irishrover
lilsalmon said:

That doesn't suprise me that storm was moving north at a good clip. I was hoping it would drop the rain here on the alfalfa but it sounds like it got you guys instead.

B
bigfootfish
mgman6000 said:
This why I love it up here 5 days of 90 degree weather and everyone is freaking out!! I moved up from the high desert of Calif and we would have a month of 100 degree + days!! All the trees and water is so nice after almost 20 years of brown and dust. Do you think the heat might turn off trout in Quartzville creek?

Quartzville should be fine during elevated temps as the fish will just hole up in the deeper pools and near the mouths of tribs. If you have never been all the way up to Broken Bridge on the Upper Quartzville, check it out.

BFF

M
mgman6000
We went up to a bridge just past a road that goes N to Hwy 22 Is that the one you are talking about? Does that road go through ? It looks a lot closer than going around through GPR from Oregon City.

B
bigfootfish
Oregon City?

Oregon City?

Go to Sweet Home, then past Foster and take Primary Forest Service Route 11, or Forest Road 11. Keep driving way past Dogwood until Quartzville Creek is small enough to jump across, almost. You can't miss Broken Bridge as it was a large bridge which got washed downstream years ago. It is all twisted and is actually a good place to have fun. Going fishin' now.

BFF

M
mgman6000
My son and I went down there yesterday and found the bridge It shows the power of mother nature!! I C&R 2 trout and my son C&R 4 in about an hour ,nice little spot but at 105 miles each way I might not go back soon. Thanks for the tip. I wish I could find a good trout stream closer to Oregon City.

B
bigfootfish
mgman6000 said:
My son and I went down there yesterday and found the bridge It shows the power of mother nature!! I C&R 2 trout and my son C&R 4 in about an hour ,nice little spot but at 105 miles each way I might not go back soon. Thanks for the tip. I wish I could find a good trout stream closer to Oregon City.

The Clackamas river is very close to Oregon City. The Upper Clackamas is great trout fishing all C & R. Go to Estacada, drive through and past it and stay on Hwy. 224 for qutie aways. You'll be driving up the mainstem Clackamas which is great fishing too. However, stay on 224 until you get to the old Ripplebrook Ranger Station and from that point on the road becomes Forest Road 46, which continues on paved all the way to Detroit, Oregon and Detroit Reservoir, with the North Santiam and Brietenbush Rivers. But you don't need to go quite that far. A few miles past Ripplebrook the Clackamas splits at Two Rivers. The Collowash River flows into the Upper Clackamas there at Two Rivers and the Clackamas from that point on is smaller but very good C & R, flies & lures, no bait. It's awesome up there and there're lakes scattered allover. Further up is Olallie Lake, Timothy Lake, Clear Lake and Harriet Lakes. Go to the Estacada Ranger Station and buy a 6 dollar map on the area. Ask for the Estacada Fire Map. It's the one the fire crews use and it's worth it.
Good Hookin'!

BFF

Last edited:
Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Ummmm,how hot was it.............? Let's put the trout fishing questions in the trout forum,you know,just to eliminate confusion. Thanks