Drifting the Alsea and shuttle

B
benddryguy
Im heading to eugene from Bend to drop g/f at the airport and was thinking of drifting the alsea for winter steelhead. Im a beginning waterman so im looking for an easy drift. Also looking for a shuttle service. I would be doing this tomorrow 1/4 and or 1/5. Any advice greatly appreciated. thanks!

J
JeannaJigs
easy drift is Mill Creek to Campbell. I don't know of a shuttle service, and I never get phone service out there, so i'm not sure on that for ya. Someone previously mentioned that there's a shuttle at the store in Alsea, but I can't confirm that, and have always gone with two vehicles.

M
michigan_transplant
second on the no phone service.

J
JeannaJigs
When I had the most ghetto wireless provider in existance (i.e. Cricket), I had service. I get AT&T...nada.

M
michigan_transplant
I have a friend that has verizon and says he gets it in the town of Alsea and at the hatchery bridge hole. I don't get it from the pass to the coast basically...annoying.

B
benddryguy
thanks for info

thanks for info

going to hit the river tomorrow, does anyone know how the drift is from cambell to missouri? thanks for cell info. Fyi Verizon has always seemed to be the best, I have att for myself and my work provides me with verizon and it always works where att does not!

S
Steelyfishn
benddryguy said:
going to hit the river tomorrow, does anyone know how the drift is from cambell to missouri? thanks for cell info. Fyi Verizon has always seemed to be the best, I have att for myself and my work provides me with verizon and it always works where att does not!

Not sure there is a shuttle service. As far as cell service I have verizon and sprint and both work at mill creek and a little at the bridge but down river from mill is none. I suggest bringing a bike or hike back with a pole in hand and I am sure someone will pick you up.
Good luck water will be nice

R
RunWithSasquatch
benddryguy said:

That drift is an easy drift, but I recomend bringing 100ft of rope and a snatch block for the take out on the slide at missouri bend. Last I had seen the cable that was there was all messed up, and borderline not usable. Good Luck