Drift boat transducer mount

O. mykiss
O. mykiss
Hello, I am trying to figure out a way to mount a fish finder transducer to my drift boat for tidewater and bay fishing. From my research the suction cup mounts don’t work very well. So I’m trying to figure out a way to make an adjustable mount and I’m curious if anyone else has made something like this.

Reactions: DOKF
F
FisherMark
I mounted mine on the appropriate length 1x4 for the transom, and C clamped it on to the transom. Easy to put on and take off.

O. mykiss
O. mykiss
FisherMark said:
I mounted mine on the appropriate length 1x4 for the transom, and C clamped it on to the transom. Easy to put on and take off.
I had something similar on another fish finder. I mounted the transducer to a yardstick and and c clamped it to the side. This time around I’m looking for something a little different. Thanks for the reply

305to503fishermen
305to503fishermen
They make a scotty mount transducer mount or they make a glued on transducer block that you can drill into without having to penetrate your transom.

NKlamerus
NKlamerus
Another recommendation for Scotty over the side, but I went that route because I was moving it from boat to boat

I guess the transom rides too high to mount like a standard vessel?

jamisonace
jamisonace
O. mykiss said:
Hello, I am trying to figure out a way to mount a fish finder transducer to my drift boat for tidewater and bay fishing. From my research the suction cup mounts don’t work very well. So I’m trying to figure out a way to make an adjustable mount and I’m curious if anyone else has made something like this.
I have a suction cup that I use and it works great. The only time it came off this year is when it picked up a bunch of debris but reaching down and putting back on isn't a problem.

TheKnigit
TheKnigit
My transducer came with a bracket to bolt it through the transom. I set it to the height that I wanted and through bolted it with some sickaflex. I can take the transducer off if I want, but the bracket stays put. I have been happy with it so far.

Reactions: O. mykiss
O. mykiss
O. mykiss
jamisonace said:
I have a suction cup that I use and it works great. The only time it came off this year is when it picked up a bunch of debris but reaching down and putting back on isn't a problem.
Maybe I will give the suction cup a try then