Drift boat plans....

H
halibuthitman
So I have decided this fall Im going to build a drift boat, finally decided on a classic plywood mckenzi style, yes I know they are extremely heavy, but im building for therapy, not function and I will probably give it to my kid later. I have checked out sites like gregboats.com, He seems awfully proud of his kits and designs if ya know what I mean... does anyone have just the design for a good drifter? I have plenty of high qaulity materials available to me so I don't really need a kit, I have several qaulity flyrods I would be willing to trade for blueprint designs. Thanks:pray:

F
fishnquest
I can't help you even one little bit, I could cut a plank twice and it would still be too short. However, if you ever want to restore a 67 camaro, I'm your man. Good luck with the boat.

H
halibuthitman
sweeeeeet!!

sweeeeeet!!

Thanks guys for all the links! I have a huge pile of clear sitka spruce from the 40's in my shop waiting to become art!!!:dance:

B
BlackTalon
Drift boat plans

Drift boat plans

I bought some plans years ago and never got around to building the boat. I will have to dig them out. They were detailed plans for a boat that was a project article in Outdoor Life (or F&S, or ?). If you want to look at them, or have them for that matter, let me know. They are gathering dust. This plan was for a glue and stitch contruction. PM for details if interested.

Evan Harris

P
PacRat
Paul Butler Drifter

Paul Butler Drifter

There was an article in Outdoor Life by Paul Butler. I could copy the article and email it if you wish.

That Clark Fork Drifter looks to be a nice light boat. It is one of the plans I am considering. The Mini Mac looks to be a nice design on a small scale.

Cheers,

PacRat
Tony

Last edited: