Drift boat how to

S
skunk
So its actually a question I have. I am looking at getting a boat, its between a 17' aluminum with an outboard or a drift boat. The thing that's keeping me from the drift boat is...how do you all manage to float the river and get back to your rig? Are there shuttles for most of the rivers, or do you have to take a buddy and two rigs? Seems like a headache to take two rigs if there are only two people going but is that the only way? Would love input as I really would like to float the rivers and bypass all the upkeep of a more expensive boat and motor. Thanks

H
halibuthitman
I use a 1972 kawasaki 175 enduro..... drop at the bottom, ride it back to get my truck.

T
Thuggin4Life
Most of the people I know with drift boats just do the to rig thing. Sometimes a friend of mine uses his kicker to motor up but depends on the water.

T
troutmasta
If you use a little motor, every time you hit a good hole you can chug up river and hit it again :D Then boat up river to your rig.

M
Mike123
A lot of people will give you a ride.. fisherman or just hitch hike.
Drop off a crappy bike and chain it to a tree.
There are shuttle services on some rivers.
Bring a friend with a Geo Metro. :lol:

A
Anyfishisfine
I've wondered about this too. Even 2 guys with 2 rigs, the boat is going to have to be left unattended while you go get the trailer.

M
Mike123
Anyfishisfine said:
I've wondered about this too. Even 2 guys with 2 rigs, the boat is going to have to be left unattended while you go get the trailer.

Uhm with two guys, one guy stays with the boat, one guy drives the "shuttle rig" to the truck and brings it back to pick up boat. Then you mob back to your "shuttle" vehicle. Requires a bit of running around. :lol:

S
skunk
Thanks for the ideas. Halibuthitma, now you went to far. My wife will never spring for a motorcycle AND a boat. haha. But I like that idea the best. Thanks all.

A
Anyfishisfine
skunk said:
Thanks for the ideas. Halibuthitma, now you went to far. My wife will never spring for a motorcycle AND a boat. haha. But I like that idea the best. Thanks all.

Moped!

8907N06B20French%20Moped%20rider3.jpg

I kid, I kid.

M
Mike123
That is a bitchin' moped though! That's the kinda ride you take a girl out with!
:lol:

kirkster
kirkster
I was down at carver just the other day and a drift boat with three guys came in. They had put in at barton one of the guys walked across the bridge and caught the bus back to barton park. The bus runs every 15 minutes. I asked one of the guys waiting how long it usualy takes for him to get back with the truck he said its never taken longer than 45 minutes. To me still seems like a pain but just another way I've seen it done.