Drift boat anchor release setup

D
deejay
Ive been slowly remodeling my drift boat and making some changes after my first full year with it. I was thinking about switching to a corner mount anchor release in case i want to run a motor and so i can put in a few pulleys to make that anchor come up a little easier i was wondering if anyone has any set up suggestions or what works for you.

J
JeannaJigs
I have an offset anchor mount on mine for the same reason but it's ghetto in that there are no pulleys and it makes it challenging to pull up a 30# anchor

I was curious about what other people run. I was thinking of screwing in some side pulleys and a cleat near my right oar lock for an easier release and retrieve, but haven't really seen any different set ups

W
willierower
I run a Deirks 4 pully system on my Willie Boat. They sell them at most boat builders. I know Willie Boats have them for sale.

B
Bucknasty
On my boat i have a foot release system, It came with the boat and i absolutely love it! hands free is great and you can slow your boat still on the oars while releasing the anchor and get a better set, also it has four pulleys in the system and it makes it pretty easy to move a 30# anchor! did i mention i love it?? Downsides: you wont be running a motor as it mounts center, also if you dont coil your anchor rope back up when you pull anchor there is a good chance it will hang up or loop up and block the release when trying to set the anchor... i dont really want to talk about the fish i lost learning that lesson... oh well! cheers, bob

D
deejay
i found a four pulley system on the willie boats website that seems to be the most reasonably priced unit i have found 85 for the corner release and 75 for the 4 pulley system much cheaper than any of the boat shops around here in the bay area