Dredging flies

brandon4455
brandon4455
ive wanted to try this for a while now and see how i like it vs nymphing. can someone fill me in on the basics like the gear i will need? and do i just use regular nymph and egg patterns? or anything else you can add would be great :D

H
halibuthitman
You have to catch a steelhead the noble way before I will tell you how to do it the good way... keep nymphin those eggs and copper johns, you are not lead and fly rich enough for dredging... trust me

brandon4455
brandon4455
ha, okie dokie then. ;)

Y
youngbuck307
It's just drift fishing but on a fly rod simple....

brandon4455
brandon4455
youngbuck307 said:
It's just drift fishing but on a fly rod simple....

i knda thought that in the the first place but i was thinking it was more of a tweaked/modified version of it.. because how the hell would you cast a hunk of lead on a fly rod? that dosen't sound pretty. and i think brads right. i need to earn it before i take the easy way out. setting goals for yourself is a good thing. :D

H
halibuthitman
you can toss a railroad spike across a football field with a flyrod if you know what your doing.. but if your nymphing small in clear water right now and not catching fish... its not your style... you are not fishing in the right part of the river, getting in the zone, or reading your water well... or all three. Don't blame the bait, if your fishing in a mud puddle.. find fish.

F
FishFiddle
I think that I read somewhere that you were going to fish with Damon for your birthday. He will teach you how to chuck some lead and catch fish! Good Luck!

brandon4455
brandon4455
FishFiddle said:
I think that I read somewhere that you were going to fish with Damon for your birthday. He will teach you how to chuck some lead and catch fish! Good Luck!

i sure am, it's going to be fun ive been lookin forward to it for a while still have a ways to go though :lol: thanks ff