Down River fish

M

Mad dog

Sheesh!!! It's the 3rd week of march....what do you say! :(

Did a short North Umpqua float with a buddy from K-falls that stayed over at the house after a business meeting up north. We hit it hard early yesterday for about 4-5 hours before he had to hit the road, hooking 4 and landing 2....both spawned fish! Oh well! :lol: All 4 fish were hooked in the 1st 2 1/2 hrs then the bite died down in the bright sunlight and low water conditions, lot's of guide boats out as well....tough competition! Should be lot's of Bright fish in the system but the reports I'm getting from the guides are that a lot of fish are dark or spent. Usually march is rockin' on the North but things sound like they have been hit and miss just lately.

!st fish of the morning.
SANY1144.png
Another good sized spawner.
SANY1146.png

Last edited:
M

metalfisher76

Sheesh!!! It's the 3rd week of march....what do you say! :(

Did a short North Umpqua float with a buddy from K-falls that stayed over at the house after a business meeting up north. We hit it hard early yesterday for about 4-5 hours before he had to hit the road, hooking 4 and landing 2....both spawned fish! Oh well! :lol: All 4 fish were hooked in the 1st 2 1/2 hrs then the bite died down in the bright sunlight and low water conditions, lot's of guide boats out as well....tough competition! Should be lot's of Bright fish in the system but the reports I'm getting from the guides are that a lot of fish are dark or spent. Usually march is rockin' on the North but things sound like they have been hit and miss just lately.

!st fish of the morning.
SANY1144.png
Another good sized spawner.
SANY1146.png

Bummer yer buddy didn`t get 1 to take home. Beautiful day though, eh? Fishing is purty good up this way.

S

steelhead_stalkers

Alsea, Siuslaw and Umpqua all seem to be ending a little early. Its a shame!

M

Mad dog

Alsea, Siuslaw and Umpqua all seem to be ending a little early. Its a shame!

I'm sure there are still bright fish to be had on the Umpqua. Seems like February had an excellent push of bright, moving fish, it was a nice run this year! I have a theory that the warmer water temps and weather pushed a lot of fish up earlier than usual on the Umpqua.

C

Cohosanders

Nice, Nice, Nice:clap: Beautiful looking fish!!! Good job on getting into those:dance:

S

steelhead_stalkers

I'm sure there are still bright fish to be had on the Umpqua. Seems like February had an excellent push of bright, moving fish, it was a nice run this year! I have a theory that the warmer water temps and weather pushed a lot of fish up earlier than usual on the Umpqua.

That makes sense. I heard there are a few fresh fish on the coquille too, not sure how many though.

T

Thuggin4Life

Nice looking fish anyways and still fun to catch. Looks like you guys had a fun day on the water away from the wives.

Top Bottom