Does the second one taste twice as good if you release the first???

J

Jacks Tackle

So I finally made my first voyage onto the Columbia for an early springer on Sunday. Fished 3 spots on an after noon trip and found a nice chrome nook in the last spot. Only problem was that the slobberfest was halted at the site of the adipose!

DSCN0840.jpg

Trip #2 started at 7:30 this morning with my good friend Bill and Jim(FishFinder)
DSCN0842.jpg

By 8:30 we had these two in the boat and had lost the second fish on a double! Trolled through the first half of the out going and had no other action.

Today was a good bite on the tide changes! Go get your springers before this season comes to a close.

RB

M

meluvtrout

Congrats Rob! I'm glad you finally found some time for yourself to get out and fish!

Irishrover

Irishrover

Most Featured
Mr. Brown my hats off to you! Nice fish;)

F

fishn

The first fish in the second pic is like a football. That thing is fat. very nice fish!!! congrats

M

Mike123

Way to go! :clap:

So where's the pic of the spinner you were using? ;)

Or wait, you weren't using bait were you! Haha...

J

Jacks Tackle

Spinners are great but these fish bite Herring!

Spinners later in the tribs. But then again my herring was spinning... Does that count???:D

RB

M

Mike123

Spinners are great but these fish bite Herring!

Spinners later in the tribs. But then again my herring was spinning... Does that count???:D

RB

I figured ya were using some raw fish! :D

Man... I was just going through one of my tackle boxes and just got depressed.
I bought all this stuff a couple years ago to go trolling for Chinook and only got to go out in a boat one time... Man I bought like 3 Hot Spot flashers, about a dozen herring rigs, 4 Dipsy Divers, a couple Jet divers, couple handfulls of lead,
and a few other trolling devices... Not to mention the plugs i got...
I NEED a boat. :(

B

BobberDown

man rob stricks agin very nice did you run one of your blade in front of that herring or a just a flasher ? i guess its time to go out trolling now or maybe back bounce boniville good luck guys Dan :clap:

S

SoylentGreen

man those are pretty fish. While I am sitting at work you guys are knocking 'em dead. Well done, looks great.

F

fish_4_all

Everyone catch one for me. Nothing doing this year for springers, can't even fish for them right now.

Those are real beauts. Reminds of the late silvers we get up here on the Satsop. Almost deeper than they are long.

A

ArcticAmoeba

Oh, thats right. You don't have a Chinook season!:shock: I am curious to see if WA is going to be a Coho/Pink/Chum/Steel only state this coming year! Haha, that sucks, but at least Coho taste better!

K

Kodiak

Banned User
Fall fish

Fall fish

I heard you guys are going to get a fall run this year. Keep your chin up..the fall fish are more fun and waayyyy dumber! If I can crush 'em anybody can.

F

fish_4_all

Don't know yet what we will get. I know there were a LOT of jacks this last year so that is a good sign. Hopefully it will be back to go catching instead of fishing. 3,4 and 5 years ago I caught 12 or more each year with 27 being my best, all Coho. In the last 3 years I was skunked 2 years and only got 4 adults this last fall.

Haven't hooked a Chinook in many years. Last one i did the season was closed and the fish hit my fly 10 feet in front of me and jumped right there with me waste deep in water. Thrill of a lifetime but I broke it off so I wouldn't play it out to death.

So everyone catch a springer for me and kick a fall Nook for me too if I don't get a season up here. If the fish keep looking as good the first 2 y'all posted I may have to take a trip down there this summer.

Top Bottom