Does anyone know when the bass tournaments are.

R
RUINZ
I just wanted to know if anyone knew when they where. I made the mistake going last year when a tournament was going on. It took more than 2hrs to load my boat and I had to hike all the way to the main road. I just dont want to make that mistake again. O yea if you want some good cheap intertainment grab your lawn chair and a six pack of beer on opening day of trout season and watch these guys load there boats its the funniest thing you ever seen.:lol:

C
capblack
there was a bass tourney at gp last sat. I ran into it unfortunately. and what do you mean by opening day of trout season?? gp is open for trout all year, right??

R
RUINZ
Strange unknown reasons opening day of trout season

Strange unknown reasons opening day of trout season

capblack said:
there was a bass tourney at gp last sat. I ran into it unfortunately. and what do you mean by opening day of trout season?? gp is open for trout all year, right??
I know, it seems everyone waits for opening day to start there year of fishing its a mess up there on opening for some reasons unknown. I wont go on that weekend for sure. Thanks for letting me know about last weekend by the way how did you do fishing? Thoes bass tournaments make a mess up there dont they? Going to greenpeter this weekend weather supposed to be beautiful.:yay:Yes, greenpeter is open all year. 25 kokes and five planters per day. Theres nothing better than smoked kokes.

C
capblack
I got 1 koke and 2 bows

R
RUINZ
capblack said:
I got 1 koke and 2 bows

Good job its only going to get better.:dance:

B
Bassdad54
Those bass tournaments

Those bass tournaments

Those bass tournaments are not the problem it is the parking that is and only the 1 ramp unless Whitcomb is open which it isn't year roundThey need more ramps.Look at Foster and how many ramps they have.They wasted the money on that new one and can't use it when the water is low there.The bass tourneys have rights to fish there just as you do.Most of them dont tie up the ramps as they get in and out a lot quicker than most,plus they bring in a lot money to local area merchants.

R
RUINZ
Bassdad54 said:
Those bass tournaments are not the problem it is the parking that is and only the 1 ramp unless Whitcomb is open which it isn't year roundThey need more ramps.Look at Foster and how many ramps they have.They wasted the money on that new one and can't use it when the water is low there.The bass tourneys have rights to fish there just as you do.Most of them dont tie up the ramps as they get in and out a lot quicker than most,plus they bring in a lot money to local area merchants.
No i wasn't bad mouthing the bass fisherman and you are absolutely correct about them loading their boats theres no one better at it. What i meant to say was the large volume of boats going out and coming in makes for a long day thats all. You also nailed it on the head about the ramps. There needs to be more parking and the ramp needs widening. When the water drops in the summer they could easily make for more parking and more ramps just by pushing some dirt around. The new ramp at foster is wothless until they fill it. Seems like a lot of waisted money, like that lake needed more ramps. Just wanted to say I didn't mean to come acrosss as bad mouthing anyone thats the last thing I wanted to happen. Good luck in your fishing adventures.

C
capblack
they may be fast but

they may be fast but

I was up at gp two weeks ago while a bass tourney was going on, and those guys may be in and out in a hurry, but I have never witnessed such poor parking. They literally parked in every other parking spot so poorly that the others were useless. so even though theres limited parking at thistle creek, only about half were usable. I hope this is not the norm. At least have the courtesy to park so other people can park as well. I didn't mind them, being there otherwise, after all they are fishing other areas than koke and trout trollers. Any way just a heads up to be courteous enough so as many people as possible can enjoy the lake, Brian

B
Bassdad54
Problem not their fault

Problem not their fault

I fish bass tourneys and that area/parking lot at Thistle Creek is a bad one for the parking space.Not enough room.The parks dept would not open Whitcomb like they have done for the Green Peter Open which was that weekend.The parks dept have opended the last couple years because it has drawn more contestants but didn't want to this year

B
Bassdad54
P.S. my boat only 16ft

P.S. my boat only 16ft

My bass boat is only a 16ft Lowe and it barely has room to fit in the space and a lot those bass boats are bigger17-20ft duel axle and the can barely fit into the spaces

C
capblack
yehh its a little tight, but I think a lot of it is there just in to much of a hurry to take the time to park right. Im pulling an 18 ft trailer behind a long bed extended cab, and its possible to park straight. But as I said thats the first time Ive ever seen it like that, and hopefully the last. The whitcomb creek ramp will probably be open now if not soon enough. Anyway good luck fishing to everyone, Brian

R
RUINZ
capblack said:
yehh its a little tight, but I think a lot of it is there just in to much of a hurry to take the time to park right. Im pulling an 18 ft trailer behind a long bed extended cab, and its possible to park straight. But as I said thats the first time Ive ever seen it like that, and hopefully the last. The whitcomb creek ramp will probably be open now if not soon enough. Anyway good luck fishing to everyone, Brian
I have a crew cab and a 20ft. boat and have no trouble at all, all it takes is a little jocking around. I would be affraid of someone keying my truck if i parked stupid. Its pretty good up there most of the time summers a mess thoe. They really need to do something with the parking and ramp. I would even pay a fee to use their ramp so they could expand. Surprised they dont any way. Good luck fishing.