Dodge Park 1-16-11 high water vid

F
FunFishClub
YouTube - January 16, 2011 4:47 PM

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NsFP2CeTsJw?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NsFP2CeTsJw?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

A
alm21
Wow!

O
OnTheFly
Dodge is one of my 'go to' places to fish but not NOW:shock:

Irishrover
Irishrover
It was something to see for sure. The news said it crested at 22 feet. That ranks third behind the 1964 flood and the 1996 flood. The most increabale site was at the Garbage hole. Can't wait for the levels to drop so I can see what the new river structure is going to be.

O
OnTheFly
Property owners that live along the Sandy were discribing thunder like sounds from huge boulders being tumbled downstream. I can't imagine how unnerving that would be trying to sleep at night when that was going on.

B
BobbiDollPDX
Man, could you imagine trying to get down to the pipeline hole now?

O
OnTheFly
BobbiDollPDX said:
Man, could you imagine trying to get down to the pipeline hole now?
lol! No problem. Just take the expressway.....mid stream:shock:

A
alm21
Are fish actually on the move upriver during these conditions or do they "take cover" until it starts to settle down? Really curious.

F
fishingfreak
Awesome Video! Thanks for sharing! In 1996 I was working in Gladstone, we kept hearing Thunder sounds and felt vibrations on the asphalt, for Lunch we stood on the Pedestrian Bridge by Highrocks. It was the most amazing thing to hear and feel huge Boulders rolling down the Clack. It was a little scary when one of the boulders actually tumbled against the bridge. Man it was loud and it vibrated . I turned to my buddy and he was off the bridge. It was amazing. I have to admit I was scared stiff when that happened. I could not even move.

FF

M
Moe
alm21 said:
Are fish actually on the move upriver during these conditions or do they "take cover" until it starts to settle down? Really curious.

Thats an interesting Question, I think it is way to strong for any fish it swim up, unless they really hugged the banks.

D
Dbaum
That is truly insane! I too wonder what it will look like after it all settles down. I fished at pipeline most of the Coho run and seeing the power there when you know what it should look like is really strange..thanks for sharing! DB.

brandon4455
brandon4455
they pretty much hug the banks to avoid debris floating through the water

Irishrover
Irishrover
I was suprised not to see a few kayaks out there!:shock:

Last edited:
M
mgdguy
Great vid, thanks for sharing!

S
SALTYFISH
I was at the hatchery on 3 rivers on Sunday , and experienced this loud thunder storm sound. I couldn't figure out were it was coming from, then my buddy said it was big a** boulders rolling down the river.And on a side note i have never seen so many metalheads in my life, I probably counted over 100 fish. And they were all within 2-3 of the bank. they were practically trying to jump on the shore,they were all discolored almost the same color as the water. And they did not know what the hell was going on. im sure i will get in trouble but as a goof i started picking them up with my hands. all were returned unharmed.