Do you think this thing works ?

F
Finneus Polebender
Does say use it for 30 days and money back guarantee. The data and things it is based off are long standing means of determining the best fishing times just an electronic version . 79$ is not crazy expensive for an avid angler.

C
cobias
I think i may get it before winter steelheading. I have been questioning a lot of guides and they always dance around the " timing " question. Thats when you know your on to something. I think moon phazes and tides effect salmon and steelhead even after they are in the river.

F
Finneus Polebender
there is some science to it and most keep tight lips guess ya got thirty days to see if it helps or not!

O
OnTheFly
imho...just go fishing. Leave the electronic stuff home and don't let it dictate whether you go fishing on any particular day or not.:cool:

H
halibuthitman
OnTheFly said:
imho...just go fishing. Leave the electronic stuff home and don't let it dictate whether you go fishing on any particular day or not.:cool:
so its wrong if I bring my Ipod looped with we are the champions when I steelhead by myself...?

O
OnTheFly
halibuthitman said:
so its wrong if I bring my Ipod looped with we are the champions when I steelhead by myself...?
No. Fishing music is a good thing. But is must be the right music to stimulate a bite. I'd leave Queen at home.

C
cobias
not gona do that anymore

not gona do that anymore

The last fall nook trips we made were around schedules , not weather and tides. I want to catch fish...more. I know i said in a previous post that i am going to take it easy...forget that ! Im a fishing addict ! I know barometric pressure has something to do with fish biting.

O
OnTheFly
cobias said:
The last fall nook trips we made were around schedules , not weather and tides. I want to catch fish...more. I know i said in a previous post that i am going to take it easy...forget that ! Im a fishing addict ! I know barometric pressure has something to do with fish biting.
Tell me about it. I took a trip to the Deschutes with Markcanby and eggs last month and it was during a weather change. A few days before we got there the report was the steelheading was hot! 5 to 10 fish days guides said. Barametric pressure changed and we ended up with 3 skunk days with 3 fishermen.:rolleyes:

C
chrisohm
I guess you could buy the contraption. Then you may just put some guides out of business, that could hurt some feelings but who hasn't done that? Give it a try but make sure you read the fine print. You could end up dealing with a company that balks at any attempt to return their product....

F
FishFinger
I don't know..........Does it has a gps tracker for fish transmitters? Might be better to give the fish a cell phone so they can call you when they get in.

You can get tide and moon faze forcasts on line. There are hundreds of factors that gadget can never anticipate.

C
chrisohm
FishFinger said:
I don't know..........Does it has a gps tracker for fish transmitters? Might be better to give the fish a cell phone so they can call you when they get in.

You can get tide and moon faze forcasts on line. There are hundreds of factors that gadget can never anticipate.

That's funny! After looking at this product I would say you are going to buy a hokey piece of garbage. It does say experimental information and it uses an algorithm that some egghead came up with who probably has no idea how to fish.

C
cobias
like i said.....

like i said.....

I went through this before then never bought it....just like i havent bought ultra bite or Dr. Juice. I wonder if our fear of looking like were trying to hard keeps us from buying " rediculous " things that may just help us out. I have caught my fare share of fish but i am always looking for things to get even better. I also just found this book here

Amazon.com: Predicting the Bite (9780578047348): Ronald W Reinhold: Books: Reviews, Prices & more

ya know...when we can't be fishing ( because its dark out, or were totaly broke :D) the real hardcores keep theorizing and thinking of ways to do better .

C
chrisohm
The reviews are ok, one is honest while the other is completely biased. Get a cheap used copy if you can and tell us if it is useful! I would rather trust a book based on a fisherman's experience with compiled journal information than a gadget! But then I am also a bookworm to some extent and would most likely secretly purchase this book and never say a word about it....:whistle:

C
cobias
That's the thing though....if i ever had secrets ( other than exact fishing spots ) i will share them. Some guides ( not all ) and the fishing industry like people being confused. Its so hilarious, you look at how many lures, lure colors , baits, bait cures, line rods ect ect there is. There is NO WAY a fisherman could try everything under all circumstances. It would take 10 tears of testing every day. Just because a fish takes a #5 silver and chartreuse blue fox doesn't mean another fish wont take something else on the same day in the same conditions. I just want to fish on the best bite. I think i have the presentation thing down.

C
chrisohm
If I had exact fishing spots then I would write up a book, when I was too old to fish, and rake in the cash. Then put the money in a trust for my son and any children he has. I would pass down a few special spots that only my family knew. Even then the explorative fisherman will find it no matter what. That could be what this guy did. Besides that I have no secrets and I agree with you on "keeping people confused". I personally have better luck with all black, brass or nickel spinners. I have had no luck with any goofy colors or scents.

troutdude
troutdude
cobias said:

Some freinds went to the Yaquina Bay last weekend. Between 1 & 3 in the afternoon, they tagged 5 nooks. I've heard that nooksdon't eat during their runs. So, fishing early/late apparently makes no difference. So, I'd have to say it was either barometric pressure, a favorable tide change, or some similar condition that triggered their strikes.

troutdude
troutdude
cobias said:
That's the thing though....if i ever had secrets ( other than exact fishing spots ) i will share them. Some guides ( not all ) and the fishing industry like people being confused. Its so hilarious, you look at how many lures, lure colors , baits, bait cures, line rods ect ect there is. There is NO WAY a fisherman could try everything under all circumstances. It would take 10 tears of testing every day. Just because a fish takes a #5 silver and chartreuse blue fox doesn't mean another fish wont take something else on the same day in the same conditions. I just want to fish on the best bite. I think i have the presentation thing down.

It is a very simple equation. The entire fishing industry, are in it for PROFIT! Nothing more, nothing less. That is the primary reason, why there is so much stuff on the market (and so many divergent recommendations). So, they make anything that fisher peeps will buy. But, MOST of it won't catch a fish.

The book looks like a worthwhile read to me. I'm going to get one. It'll look good on the shelf next to my Jed Davis book on spinner making and many others. I've learned a LOT from good books.

H
halibuthitman
troutdude said:
It is a very simple equation. The entire fishing industry, are in it for PROFIT! Nothing more, nothing less. That is the primary reason, why there is so much stuff on the market (and so many divergent recommendations). So, they make anything that fisher peeps will buy. But, MOST of it won't catch a fish.

The book looks like a worthwhile read to me. I'm going to get one. It'll look good on the shelf next to my Jed Davis book on spinner making and many others. I've learned a LOT from good books.
were you really expecting a nobler reason...? jed davis lee wulf bill herzog buzz ramsey... yada yada yada... sold out the info for the dollar, no one would have ever taken any one of them to their favorite river if they knew their intentions.. infidels. P.S the device is exellent for clubbing snipes and unicorns, otherwise useless. the very answers you are looking for, are the only part of fishing that is true talent, and you can't buy that.

T
Thuggin4Life
Just pay attention to the weather,moon,tide,barometer and you wount need this. I bet it works really well on catching fisherman not helping you catch fish. to many factors that some brainiac who can't cast couldnt anticipate. you could develop a forumla to help you pick better lotto numbers but you still wont win.