Do you ever find it hard...

R

rippin fish lips

To go to bed the night before a planned fishing trip the next morning when you have been slaying steelhead/salmon?

Because that is how i am feeling right noww!!!!

I have never been so addicted to fishing until this year!! My best year so far!

Last edited:
S

Spydeyrch

Hahahaha, I understand what you mean. It makes it really hard to get to bed. But for me it is kind of the opposite. I haven't had much luck this year so what keeps me awake is running through everything in my head: gear, holes, casts, knots, timing, etc. The thought of getting the stink (nasty skunks!!!) OFF is what keeps me up and awake until the wee hours of the following morning.

-Spydey

F

fishingfreak

I have a real hard time sleeping. Especially when I have a new place I want to check out or a big hike and adventure. Its exciting and fun. Its my 1st year to and it is very addicting. Its just the adrelalin rush I think we all get when we have a fish fighting on the other end of that rod.

FF

Troutski

Troutski

Blessed angler...

Blessed angler...

Rest assured this will not subside in you lifetime, I have been an enthusiastic angler for most of my life (my younger brother invented paved roads:rolleyes: ), I can't sleep or stop checking and rechecking my armada, doing an inventory. Oh be still my heart, I am going fishing Friday, Saturday and Sunday...I am a totally wreck. Have fun with it - you are one of the blessed people in this drama we call angling.
If you like we can have an intervention for you.....really we can;).

Chuck

brandon4455

brandon4455

i feel the same..when i was 12 i would get ready the day before and stay up, all night waiting until i left at 4am lol

M

mrlindeman

Definatly. If the bite has been good all day as well I find it hard to sleep due to leftover adrenaline I think.

troutdude

troutdude

You are all welcome to join the first OFFicial meeting of Angler's Anxiety Anonymous. Our first meeting will take place this Saturday, at the Plunkin' Shack at Bauer Campground, on the Alsea.

P.S. Remember that admitting you have an incurable disease, is the first step to recovery. (and don't forget your gear & bait).

:shock: ;) :naughty:

M

mrlindeman

You are all welcome to join the first OFFicial meeting of Angler's Anxiety Anonymous. Our first meeting will take place this Saturday, at the Plunkin' Shack at Bauer Campground, on the Alsea.

P.S. Remember that admitting you have an incurable disease, is the first step to recovery. (and don't forget your gear & bait).

LOL LOL I have PTSD From big fish that got away. The fish had black eyes, like a dolls eyes. :shutter:

B

beaverfan

I got through it almost every second of every day. Even when I'm out fishing I can't stop thinkin about my next trip. I've found tylenol pm to be and effective aide to falling asleep before a day on the water. I still end up pulling all nighters fairly often and most trips I don't get more than 4 or 5 hours of sleep. I just got home from fishing and all I can think about is my next cast! I would ask for help but I like it this way!

B

boomstick

I'm with Spydeyrch!!! All the rest of the comments make me feel better about this mental condition-anxiety-withdrawl-addiction that drives me to spend spend spend and try try try and my night time is is the emoji below;

:confused: am I ready, do I need anything more, check OFF for the 100th time to see if there are any hot spots to make a kwik decision, drool over newly posted pics then I :pray: Dear Heavenly Father...let it be my turn- just a small one or two or my limit for today and tomorrow, actually I would be happy with just one...just one. Then I lay down with what is left of my night/morning and i :think::think: look at the time also for the hundreth time and:doh::pray: please help me sleep so I'm fresh :think::wall:tell myself GO TO SLEEP ALREADY:pray: just one fish:wall: whaaa I only have an hour before my drive :shock: dang that was a rough nite all 5 minutes of sleep :cool: I'm here! :( no fish...obsess over OFF another week! And hunt for the right location and gear all over again.

C

cchinook

it is an obsession-- I have hooked a lot of salmon in my life , and every time it happens I have a heart attack ! you would think that I would be ready , but it always happens when you are admiring the scenery , or picking your nose .

'' I could stare at my float for hours '' Charles Darwin -- 1812

O

OnTheFly

Why is it so hard, after a good nights sleep, to get going in the morning before work but with zero sleep before a fishing trip you're rip roaring and ready to go?:think:

F

fishingfreak

:lol::lol: I need AAA.:lol::lol:

F

fishingfreak

it is an obsession-- I have hooked a lot of salmon in my life , and every time it happens I have a heart attack ! you would think that I would be ready , but it always happens when you are admiring the scenery , or picking your nose .

'' I could stare at my float for hours '' Charles Darwin -- 1812

:lol: True and a good one:lol:

T

Thuggin4Life

Just like everyone has said. it will be like this forever. can't sleep before anything cool the next day and deffinantly not for fishing. Nothing like driving for 1.5 hours off of 4 hours or less sleep or less. then fishing all day makes for a great drive home.

M

Mike123

To go to bed the night before a planned fishing trip the next morning when you have been slaying steelhead/salmon?

Because that is how i am feeling right noww!!!!

I have never been so addicted to fishing until this year!! My best year so far!

I find it impossible... lol.. all you can do is lay there and rest your body.. your eyes and brain however get no rest at all as all I can think of is sinking bobbers and bent fishing rod.

H

Herefishyfishy

Why is it so hard, after a good nights sleep, to get going in the morning before work but with zero sleep before a fishing trip you're rip roaring and ready to go?:think:
I was just saying that to my wife the other day! I had to get up at 4 and was not looking forward to it at all. I said I wish I was fishing cause 4 never comes fast enough! My buddy never sleeps or even tries before a trip, I will at least give it a futile attempt! He'll ask me what time I woke up and it's always the same..1, 1:30, 2, 2:30, 3, 3:30..........

M

Mildy

it's like the 1st day of school.... force yourself to sleep so you can be alert the following day... nothing worse than missing a catch because you're too tired to react fast enough~!